This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O.C. View Post
    I have been out of town with the job and just got back into town 2 days after mine expired. Is there a grace period or do I have to go through the entire process again?
    From the Texas CHL FAQ...

My license is about to expire, do I have to sit through that 10 hour class again?

No. As long as your license has not been expired for more than 1 year, you need only complete a 4- to 6-hour class for your first and second renewal.
    كافر

Originally posted by sc281
    Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
    Originally posted by Trick Pony
    ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Originally posted by JSTA2V View Post
      From the Texas CHL FAQ...

My license is about to expire, do I have to sit through that 10 hour class again?

No. As long as your license has not been expired for more than 1 year, you need only complete a 4- to 6-hour class for your first and second renewal.

That is outstanding, thanks.

Comment

Anyone know of a place that has after 6 classes?

Comment

For the womenz!

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
            Anyone know of a place that has after 6 classes?
            I don't know anyone who has taken the course there, but Target Master in Garland shows it has a three day class. It's Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 6 pm to 9:30 pm.

Comment

Local FFL & CHL information

This is going to be a sticky for local FFL's you've used and recommend. If you would list all the info you have on them (name, addy, phone number, email, etc) along with any special instructions. I'll do what I can to keep up with the list.
              Last edited by CJ; 01-27-2012, 04:34 PM.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Tom Hart is a great FFL I've used numerous times., highly recommended. He's good about getting you in and out as quickly as possible, will have all your paperwork ready for you when you get there, and offers good advice on firearms in general. For those who've never used an FFL you can find more info below how it all works.

Although all transfers will be at my home, all shipments should be made to my shipping address only (see below)

PICK UP ADDRESS:

Tom Hart
                Hart Sports
                6908 Beeman Drive
                Plano, TX 75023
                (469) 223-9391
                thart@tx.rr.com

SHIPPING ADDRESS: All firearm shipments (FedEx, UPS & US Postal Service) must be addressed as follows:

Tom Hart
                Hart Sports
                3948 Legacy Dr.
                Suite 106 #175
                Plano, TX 75023-8600

All I need for the transfer is: Your name, phone number, email address

And If BUYING:

• Sellers Name
                • Address
                • Email address (IMPORTANT- FFL will be sent via email. Due to unreadable FFL’s we no longer use a fax machine)
                • Phone #
                • Auction or item #
                • Description of firearm being transferred (ex. Sig 220, Glock 17, Remington 870, etc)

When you pay seller tell them that HART SPORTS is your transfer FFL. If the seller is not a licensed dealer (does not have FFL) then I will need a copy of their driver's license (they can black out their birthdate & DL#)

Once firearm arrives, I’ll email you to schedule a time for pickup. I’m a teacher, so I’ll be available AFTER 5pm Monday – Friday. When you come to pickup your firearm you'll need to complete a Form 4473 and pass the NICS background check which is done while you are here (not needed if you have a CHL).

I charge $20 for a transfer ($10 w/CHL, military, police, fire or teacher). My fee for shipping a firearm is $10+ actual postage.
                If you are selling a handgun I can ship cheaper than a non dealer.

While anyone can ship long guns using the US Postal Service, UPS or FedEx, only a licensed gun dealer is allowed to ship handguns via US Postal Service. An individual must use the overnight services of a “common carrier” such as FedEx or UPS. Typically, the cost of using USPS is less than half of what UPS/FedEx will charge.

Only a licensed gun dealer (FFL) may receive a firearm shipment, so I will need a copy of the receiving dealers FFL emailed to me prior to shipment. If shipping a firearm through me, please do not seal package until you get here. I must log the firearm into my bound book prior to shipment.

If you have any questions email or call anytime.
                Last edited by motoman; 12-15-2010, 02:41 PM.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                Originally posted by Denny
                What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Sporting Arms in Lewisville
                  Becky and Tom
                  2046 Briarcliff
                  972-315-9086

Comment

I have used Jeff once and recommend him to a few people who have used him.

Nice guy..easy to meet up with. Sign the form and go:
                    Jeff Dowdle
                    Home based: by appointment only
                    near 121 and Harwood
                    Bedford, TX 76021
                    cell: 972-567-2678
                    jeff@livetoshoot.com
                    website - http://www.livetoshoot.com
                    Transfer Fees:
                    CHL/LEO/Active Mil: $10
                    All Others: $15

TexasCHLforum members - $10 transfers.

Comment

Cash Advance Benbrook
                      9023 US Hwy 377 South
                      Benbrook, Texas 76126
                      (817) 249-4909

$10 FFL Transfer For Everyone.
                      Originally posted by The King
                      I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

Any recommendations for Austin?

Comment

I did the Utah Non-Resident CHL at familygunfun.com a while back. Good class. Good instructor. Cheaper than Texas CHL. Can carry in 34 states under reciprocity. Brad has a good course curriculum that covers all the bases. Also, offers elective refresher courses for those who want to get some range time in with an actual NRA instructor.
                          Last edited by LS1Goat; 12-17-2010, 11:26 PM.

Comment

I just got done taking the class from David Gilreath and found it to be very worthwhile. David is very experienced and knowlegeable, and a super nice guy.
                            The most important parts of free speech are silence and responsibility...

Comment

I am taking SGT McGuire's course today (Jan 15).
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                                I am taking SGT McGuire's course today (Jan 15).
                                How did it go?
                                You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Working...
                                X