Locker on 2wd suv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locker on 2wd suv

I'm looking into puting a locking diff in my s10 blazer. Not sure if I want to go with an auto locker or a selectable locker. Got to digging around on 4wheelparts, come to find out I have no idea what axles or anything are in the back of this truck. How do I find out? Can I call a dealer with the vin? Should it say on a sticker somewhere? Or am I gonna have to crawl under with a flashlight and look? As far as I know it's all original.

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Let me ask why? Posi are normally a better candidate pending your reason for wanting it.

Comment

A. Because I want one.
      B. Should I choose to drive in adverse conditions (or get stuck in them), i.e. heavy rainfall, snow, ice, or decide to travel down a mud or dirt trail, I want to be as best equipped as possible for maximum traction.

Plus, it's been my experience that posi's, at least factory ones, leave alot on the table as far as traction goes. Never made sense to me how on dirt or gravel, you could leave two tire tracks when digging in, but on pavement, it's a one tire fire all day. (although my experience with this has been limited to a 76 monte carlo, an 83 chevy and 91 ford trucks, and this 94 blazier)

So far I've looked into the Eaton Posi, the Eaton Detroit Locker, and the Eaton E-Locker.

I'm sure the Eaton Posi performs a hell of alot better than any factory posi, but the more I look into it, the more I'm liking the Detroit Locker. Looks to be kind of the best of both worlds. But I still like the option of manual on/off with the E-Locker, too.

Guess that leads me to ask if anyone has put a locker of sorts on their truck/suv, and if so, which one/did it do what you wanted it to?
      "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

ARB and OX are the two top names in selectable lockers. You do not want a full time locker in there on ice. You will be in the ditch in no time. I have two Ox's in my Jeep and they are sweet. Plus if you lock it all the time your tires will bark going around corners and it will pop and do crazy shit. I think the Detroit soft lockers have improved a lot in regards to drivability if you really want to lock it full time but I wouldn't. E-Lockers are ok but have far more issues then the two I mentioned.

Probably a 8.5 in it.

Last edited by kingjason; 10-12-2013, 06:48 PM.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

As stated, rain or ice you DO NOT want a locked axle... good way to end up in a ditch
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Eaton makes an electric locking diff. Locked or open with the flip of a switch.

Comment

Working...
            X