Toyota Landcruisers/Sequoias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Landcruisers/Sequoias

In the next 6 months we're going to purchase a newer vehicle and we're considering a larger SUV because we need the extra room. I also want something that has some offroad capabilities and is somewhat of a go anywhere kind of vehicle. I've considered the 4 door jeep jk's but I need more room and I really don't want anything smaller than a jeep grand cherokee. With all of that said, someone mentioned the toyotas and I know nothing about them.

Tell me about them. What are the biggest issues with them? What are the downfalls? What engines are better in them? How's their gas mileage? How are they offroad?
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Big difference in underpinnings between the Land Cruiser and Sequoia. Both good vehicles, but you'll pay quite a bit more for the Land Cruiser. It will hold it's value better too though.

Engines are all good. The 4.6, 4.7, and 5.7 are all great engines. Mileage will be mid teens, maybe upper on the highway if you're lucky.
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

Comment

I'm sure they are great vehicles in either case but look at the prices. Toyota just doesn't build enough trucks/SUVs to compete with GM. A new Yukon Denali with every option goes for the same price as a top of the line Sequoia. However GM will eventually offer a 0% interest package and tons of cash back since they won't sell them all.

So for less money you get 40 more hp, 5 more miles per gallon, more towing capacity and they have some more advanced technology and the same or better reliability. That and you have a dozen or so dealers to shop that'll all beat each others prices and are hungry to move stagnant inventory. With Toyota all of the dealers will be within $1000 of each other and they'll be ordering it from the same place so you really can't haggle.

Comment

You can get 4Runners with factory 3rd row seating. They're rare, but out there. I have one and love it.

Comment

The landcruiser has far more off road capabilities than the sequoias. This vehicle can reach the end of the earth.

Comment

What year range are you thinking about?

Comment

Probably an 01-07
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

If I had to get into another SUV, either an LR3/4, or preowned Land Cruiser. With a mild lift of course.

Comment

I would recommend the Grand Cherokee for offroad capability and family friendly, however if you want lots of room I would go a different avenue.

Used or new? Land Cruisers are pretty pricey new. Another good midsize compromise for great offroading capabilities and still a Toyota is the Lexus GX460. They are known across the globe for their capabilities as the Land Cruiser Prado, North American version the Lexus. And being a Lexus they are nice inside and out. That's my suggestion.

Comment

In your year range for the Land Cruiser, that is considered a 100 series Land Cruiser. They go from 1998-2007. This link will give you some basic details and differences through those years.

Our Newbie Guide for the 80 Series Land Cruiser proven very popular, so we decided to compile one for the 100 series as well.

Also, here is a link to the 100 series threads on the Land Cruiser forum, IH8MUD. Lots of good info on MUD.

1998-2007 : Lexus LX470 and 100/105 series Toyota Land Cruiser (J100)

I currently have a 1999 Land Cruiser. It is my wifes daily, and she really likes it a lot. Land Cruisers are pricey, but they hold their resale value very well. The 100 series main issue is the timing chain, recommended change around 90k miles. We bought our 99 used and it had already had it done, so thats something to look for. MPG is not very good at all in any Land Cruiser, because they are heavy and are full time 4WD. The Lexus LX470 is the same as the LC, with a couple of other creature comforts. So if you are looking in that year range, you may want to include those as well.

Comment

Also, here is the 100 series for sale section on MUD as well.

Classifieds : Toyota 100-series UZJ100 / HZJ105 Land Cruiser / Lexus LX-470

Comment

i'm looking for lexus GX460s/70s if anyone comes across a soccer mom special post em up!

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                          i'm looking for lexus GX460s/70s if anyone comes across a soccer mom special post em up!
                          Like this

Comment

THE FUCK?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X