Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Wagoneer lost a few hundred pounds today...and will double its H.P.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fing cool build

Comment

If you have time and don't want to work up a sweat spray it down with 2-3 cans of Easy Off oven cleaner and let it sit overnight. The shit will just wash away with a garden hose sprayer.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
        If you have time and don't want to work up a sweat spray it down with 2-3 cans of Easy Off oven cleaner and let it sit overnight. The shit will just wash away with a garden hose sprayer.
        How does that stuff treat the rubber and plastic on hoses/wiring?

Most of it is removed but the firewall still has a few items.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not really sure. I used oven cleaner recently on an intake manifold and it looked like it was brand new when I finished. Castrol Super Clean works pretty good, but it takes some scrubbing and several tries for the really heavy stuff.

Comment

Engine mounts were delivered yesterday. I should be test fitting the drivetrain some time this weekend.

Comment

Degreased and pressure washed the engine bay after removing the heater box and blower.

Funny note - ever since I bought the Jeep I had no idea what lift kit was on it. The pressure washer revealed it is a Hell Creek 6" lift based on the yellow paint on the leaf springs that reads 'Hell Creek FSJ6'. Glad I know!

Loosely fitted the Novak mounts.

My brother came into town and we'll be dropping the engine in tomorrow to make sure it all fits & decide which mounting locations to use. Hopefully we can figure out the trans crossmember ad well.

Otherwise, I removed the carpet and seats, the underdash a/c parts, and the gauge cluster. Im considering removing the dash.

Comment

So yesterday I had a lot to do around the house...didn't get too much done on the Jeep.

I was able to remove the Transmission pan, and revealed a clean looking trans and clean fluid.

I also removed the valve body and Internal TCM so I could send the TCM out for programming. It was intimidating at first but not as bad as it looked. Ive never opened up an automatic.

Underside of the trans, internals

Valve body and TCM

Here's the TCM from inside of the 6l80e

Hopefully I will get the harness and tcm sent out Monday. I also want to get the factory fuel tank removed and start prepping for the new fuel tank, regulator, lines, etc.

I still need to paint the frame rails, core support, firewall and fenderwells...but not sure yet what paint I want to use yet so I'm dragging my feet.

On duty all weekend. Hopefully more progress on Monday!

Comment

update?

Comment

Still working on it. TCM and ECM should be back Wednesday. Wiring harness is thinned. Waiting on fuse block parts to finish it up. They should arrive this week.

I finally have good weather to paint so I may get the frame and firewall sprayed this evening or tomorrow.

Comment

You are doing a great job so far, Shawn. I am looking forward to seeing some updated pictures of the progress.

Comment

Nice build. I love Waggys. I built up the ole 401 in mine and it was a hoss. A transplant would have been a better idea but hey who doesn't like cubic inches. I spent way to much on that truck.

I lost my pics after the custom stereo install and I did a billet dash with all auto meters. It was a fun project though. My uncle gave it to me and I drug it out of a field. Famous last words " It was running when I parked it" .

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

My two and a half year old son was ready for a bed upgrade. So, why not a Jeep?

Thought some of y'all may appreciate the bed I made for my son. Still need to paint rear windows, add lights and fix the rear flare I had to modify for his new 25" ATV tires...but you get the idea

Comment

That's pimp.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Very nice.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Thats fuckin awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X