Westworld on HBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westworld on HBO

Holy crap, that first episode was strong. I think Crichton would be proud of what they're doing with this series. Anybody else catch it?

Just downloaded it. Watching it now.
    sigpic

Comment

Damn, didn't realize Crichton was behind the original. Pictures of Yul Brenner were the only thing I knew about it
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

the original series was really weird

Comment

The second episode was solid. I'm definitely intrigued by the story. The cast is stellar as well. I'm glad this showed up to fill the void left by Stranger Things and The Leftovers.

Comment

I'm wondering what the connection is between the milk and the robots. Also wondering what the man in black's end goal is since he is a guest. But I also have to wonder if maybe he is some sort of robot that has malfunctioned and thinks he is a guest. This show is going to have some serious twists.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Got caught up last night. Very happy with the direction things are going and the acting and production value too.

I can't figure out the MIB, but there are lots of theories. Maybe he's a "secret shopper" type sent by the company to find cracks in the system, maybe he's a rival company's guy sent to break shit. Maybe he's what he seems, a hardcore gamer type who philosophically needs to master the game.

I don't quite understand why Leonard's daughter gave up any info with the clue she gave him, but it keeps the story going so that's cool.

The two new guys (Billy and Logan) look like they're going to be some relatable humans for us to follow. I predict death for Logan and severe emotional trauma for Billy.

Comment

First of all, This is a bad ass show and im hooked if it even remotely keeps this pace up.

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                I'm wondering what the connection is between the milk and the robots. Also wondering what the man in black's end goal is since he is a guest. But I also have to wonder if maybe he is some sort of robot that has malfunctioned and thinks he is a guest. This show is going to have some serious twists.
                I dont think he is a robot as he cant be killed by them. He's been shot 100 times by them with no issues.

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                I can't figure out the MIB, Maybe he's what he seems, a hardcore gamer type who philosophically needs to master the game.
                Thats what I think. I am not sure if the people running the show know what he is up to though. After he wiped out that gang the guys in the control asked if they should slow him up a bit and someone basically mentioned dont fuck with him because he gets what he wants. I understood this as he is filthy rich so he can wreck shop as he pleases.

Now who else would have stayed behind for a few min with that one broad who was introducing the shy timid guy to the game????

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  I'm wondering what the connection is between the milk and the robots.
                  Maybe it's a tribute to the Mcpoyles on It's Always Sunny.

Personally I think it's not really milk at all, instead it's the fluid they are created from. The opening credits show the bodies being printed and then dipped into a white milk substance. Maybe what they are drinking has healing properties?

Abernathys house was full of milk and nothing else. They also framed in on blood on the floor next to spilled "milk". The malfunctioning robot also pointed at two guests while drinking and said it wasn't for them.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                    Now who else would have stayed behind for a few min with that one broad who was introducing the shy timid guy to the game????
                    Elon Musk's ex wife.

Originally posted by BP View Post
                    Personally I think it's not really milk at all, instead it's the fluid they are created from. The opening credits show the bodies being printed and then dipped into a white milk substance. Maybe what they are drinking has healing properties?

Abernathys house was full of milk and nothing else. They also framed in on blood on the floor next to spilled "milk". The malfunctioning robot also pointed at two guests while drinking and said it wasn't for them.
                    I think it's a metaphor more than anything else, since as you mentioned, it calls back to the resin or whatever it is that they're constructed of.

Abernathy's was probably full of it so they don't have to restock it every night for the scripted blood bath that happens at the farm on a daily basis.

Comment

You guys keeping up with this show? Some good mysteries going on.

Comment

i binged the first 4 and was hooked. Really interesting plot, and things are starting to pick up

Comment

The show is really starting to pick up steam... I know there are all sorts of fan theories etc. but I really like having a show where there is no fucking clue what could happen next.

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
                            The show is really starting to pick up steam... I know there are all sorts of fan theories etc. but I really like having a show where there is no fucking clue what could happen next.
                            Agreed. With the caveat that they had better pay this off well.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X