Fargo TV Series on FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fargo TV Series on FX

That didn't really tell me anything about the show, other that its cold in Fargo. Wonder if this has anything to do with the movie of the same name.

Comment

A television sequel to the Coen brothers' black comedy film classic will air on FX, with the Minnesota-bred filmmakers producing and stars like Martin Freeman and Billy Bob Thornton leading the show

FX’s newest, longest trailer for its television sequel to the Coen brothers’ black comedy film classic, Fargo, teases all the right ingredients: an all-star cast, blunt force trauma to a bloody nose, deadpan shock, and muffed Minnesotans stalking corpses in the snow.

Joel and Ethan Coen, both executive producers of the new series, were both hands-on in development of the show with FX.

Fargo will pick up one morning after where the film’s absurd conspiracy left off, with several fatalities. Sherlock‘s Martin Freeman will replace William H. Macy, and Billy Bob Thornton will replace Steve Buscemi. Allison Tolman will also star, with Kate Walsh and Colin Hanks making brief appearances. One could only pray for the clueless return of Frances McDormand as Sheriff Marge Gunderson – alas, the president of the network has already nixed any such hope for cameos from the original cast.

As a limited series run, Fargo seems likely to preserve the grim quirk and deadpan shock of the original film, released in 1996. And better yet, both Freeman and Thornton will be shedding their accents—English and American Southern, respectively—to play “Minnesota nice.”

Comment

Badass!
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

There's better clips on the Fargo FX website

Comment

Got to catch the first episode just to see how well Saul Goodman can pull of an upper midwest accent.

Comment

Premier is on tonight.

They showed doggy style sex.

I was shocked. That's the single most graphic scene on TV I've ever seen.

I remember when it was a big deal when there was a bare as on NYPD Blue.

Show is pretty good so far
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Ehh

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Much potential!

Comment

i already hope the fat bitch gets snuffed out..

Comment

I like it. Billy Bob adds a certain flair to that character!
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I've missed the first episode but have it set to record.
                        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I like it as well. Intrigued enough to keep watching. First episode was more brutal than the movie IMO. They sure are emphasizing the accent... LOL.

Comment

anyone ever see the movie......
                            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn7LOhWYtqE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                              Movie? When's it come out? Looks good

Comment

Working...
                              X