Colorado Q- Where do you like to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jluv View Post
    I live in Lake City, so let me know if I can help with any info or connections. The fishing here is world-class. I work remote and can live anywhere I want, and I chose here.
    Lucky man! I love lake city, so much great hiking in the area. I'm making a quick run for Wetterhorn on Sunday
    Justin

Comment

Originally posted by the spindoctor View Post
      Lucky man! I love lake city, so much great hiking in the area. I'm making a quick run for Wetterhorn on Sunday
      Right on! Ya, it’s a special place, for sure.

Comment

It's not quite Colorado, but being 2 hours away from Lake Tahoe, and 3 hours away from Yosemite is pretty cool, for a Texas boy who grew up almost 2 days drive from anything of the sort. Sounds like an amazing opportunity wherever you land the cabin.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
          If you really want great fly fishing and skiing together, check out Crested Butte, but you better be filthy rich. Other good options are Buena Vista, Salida, and Gunnison. Maybe Pagosa Springs or South Fork.

I'm still partial to Lake City. Closest skiing is 90 mins away in Crested Butte, though.
          I might need to bug you about Buena Vista. I want to rent a cabin for the week next summer. Would like to drag my ranger up to explore some of the OHV trails but my spouse won't do death drop trails.... Wondering if there is still good scenery without Black Bear Like drops.

Comment

There is a river along 285 from Conifer to Grant that is good fly fishing. I've got a property on Pennsylvania Mountain in Fairplay. There are plenty of good places for flyfishing there and it's not far from Breckinridge. The area I'm in is called Valley of the Sun. It technically has an HOA but its just there to help secure water rights for any wells. They have cabins and lots in that neighborhood with electricity. Some have access to a natural gas pipeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
              I might need to bug you about Buena Vista. I want to rent a cabin for the week next summer. Would like to drag my ranger up to explore some of the OHV trails but my spouse won't do death drop trails.... Wondering if there is still good scenery without Black Bear Like drops.
              I’m not real sure about the trails there. Most of my trail riding in CO has been in the San Juans (Alpine Loop area). Cottonwood Pass between BV and Taylor Park is very scenic, but now it’s paved. I don’t know if they allow OHVs on it now that’s it paved (probably not). I’m sure there are still lots of good trails there, but I’m not the best to ask. I do know the fishing is good (my uncle is a guide there), and for skiing, it’s not too far from Monarch or even Crested Butte.

Comment

Working...
              X