At long last I obtained my dream car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At long last I obtained my dream car.

I have been in love with the D4 (2013-2018) Audi S8 ever since they came out. I got scammed bad a few years back buying one so it took me a bit to get back to where I needed to be when one showed up in the EXACT spec I wanted.... well save for black optics but I can black out the shiny bits easily enough.
    Found a 2014 S8 with the stage 4 leather, B&O sound system, sport pack, the wheels I wanted and in the color I wanted (Daytona Gray Pearl Effect), electronic diff, FLIR system with heat signature tracking and auto cruise. Scored it for what I think is an amazing deal too. Car came with new tires, new struts all the way around, new control arms, fresh turbos, new brakes and already has an APR Stage 2 tune with APR catted down pipes. I will be adding the SRM intakes and Mirza TCM tune which will get the car to high 10s and a sub 3 second 0-60. Not too shabby for a 4685 (dry) curb weight car that with me in it and a full tank of fuel and street tires at 42 PSI is about 5100lbs.
    I am overjoyed with this thing and its for sure a keeper. The massage seats are amazing on trips too!

Last edited by LaserSVT; 10-11-2022, 05:18 PM.
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

And here was tonight's Draggy times. Wish I would stop finding these damn uphill pulls. LOL

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Nice VW

j/k nice car

Comment

Nice dad-mobile you got there!
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I saw one of those slowly dissolving on Belclaire Avenue in Highland Park a few years ago. I damn near laughed my ass off.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Very nice ride, congrats. One question though... Don't you have extraordinarily bad luck with Audi? I mean, I have horrible luck with corvettes, but I eventually quit buying the damned things.

Comment

I had bad luck with AMGs and after the 4th one gave up on them. All my Audis have been excellent cars but the only bad luck is when I got caught up in that Russian luxury car scam with a dozen other people a few years back where they got just over 5 million. They arrested 27 people in total and just now some are getting released (DOJ sends me emails every couple months when one is being released) and the money was bounced straight to Russia. That S8 was nearly identical to this one.

I have had this one 2 weeks now and already put 1800 miles on it. I love the car. Its two mods away (about $1200) from being a 10 second car that does sub 3 second 0-60.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                Very nice ride, congrats. One question though... Don't you have extraordinarily bad luck with Audi? I mean, I have horrible luck with corvettes, but I eventually quit buying the damned things.
                Most reliable sports cars ever, you must have some really bad luck.

Now, about this Audi.

In a couple of weeks I will run ya for some Tacos. I pick the track!

I do like a Grand Touring car and miss my CTS. If I get another it will most likely be a Infinity Q60 coupe.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                  Most reliable sports cars ever, you must have some really bad luck.
                  I bought cheap shit, which is a mistake.

Comment

Whata waste.
                    WH

Comment

I will race you for dinner at Pappas Bros on 10/30. If you want the location, PM. I can get video, photos, times, etc. You will lose badly, but you will have fun too.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                        Audi started designing their engines with all the timing components on the back now so you don't have to pull the engine every time it sets a VVT code. Like this car it's only a 23 hour job now instead of the 40+ it was on older ones. I mean unless you accidentally bend the head gasket too far, then you get to pull the engine after the trans and it's a 60 hour job.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                          Audi started designing their engines with all the timing components on the back now so you don't have to pull the engine every time it sets a VVT code. Like this car it's only a 23 hour job now instead of the 40+ it was on older ones. I mean unless you accidentally bend the head gasket too far, then you get to pull the engine after the trans and it's a 60 hour job.
                          German engineering?

Comment

tell us more about the Russian car scam... how did you get caught up in it?

I got scammed too on a recent car deal. Not fun for sure.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                              tell us more about the Russian car scam... how did you get caught up in it?

I got scammed too on a recent car deal. Not fun for sure.

mardyn
                              Ill try and keep it short. I was hunting for this exact color/option combo car and found it listed in Washington. Ads were on ebay and Autotrader. They had a lot of nice cars listed. I called the owner and spoke at length about the car. Every picture at the exact position I asked for was sent to me. They emailed the paperwork and I did my due diligence. Went back over 10 years of great reviews, checked the dealer number and it came back to his name and location and dealer name, Google Earth the dealer and could even see the car (must have been a recent sat pass), checked the VIN and everything came up perfect. Tried to send a friend from Oregon to see it first but he couldnt get there for a week but saw they had a 30 day return policy so I figured I bought plenty of cars online and had them shipped and every single bit of paperwork was perfect. I wired them 43k for the car and they went so far as to have the "driver" tell me where he was and when to expect me and kept in perfect contact until the day the car was to arrive and then they went dark. "Dealer" was still responding and sounded real when he told me they cant get in contact with the driver and are very upset as a Ferrari and a Porsche Turbo S was on the same truck. After 3 days we decided on a refund and it just never went through and I kept getting the runaround.
                              I called the Sonomish county sherrifs office and they sent a deputy out because I was the 5th person calling about this. Sherriff called me an hour latter telling me the dealership went bankrupt and is now a new dealership and they dont have anything even close to what was listed. This put me in contact with the FBI and the DOJ and eventually they arrested 27 people. Agent told me they got over $5,000,000 from people and the funds were sent to Russia so no chance of getting them back.
                              Everyone involved got between 5 years and 15 and just now some are up for early parole and some are being deported to finish their time in Poland and Russia. Was one hell of a fustercluck. Live and learn I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X