No announcement yet.

Birddog0347 rescues a Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is just the tip of the iceberg... and doesn't include our texts, calls, or facetime either. He makes his recommendation on things like, do I need a new front bumper cover for example. I ask what he would do if it was his car and he gives me the choice, in this case I'll buy a new one cause it would be 6-8 hours just to try to repair this one to make it worthwhile so just start fresh. You should check out some of his build threads of his own personal cars on Stangnet, his work is amazing.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• If you can provide a link or point me on the right direction that would be awesome.

And I agree, I know sometimes customers want to use factory BC's and other parts, factory fenders, used parts, but new always trumps used, unless those parts require little to no prep. These days, the after market is flooded with parts that are CAPA certified and fit and finish has come a log way. Especially when the MFGs stop producing parts this is very useful.
      This guy knows what hes doing and I would take any and all advise he is giving which sounds exactly what you are doing. I loved customers like you, let the trustworthy pros handle the business...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        If you can provide a link or point me on the right direction that would be awesome.

And I agree, I know sometimes customers want to use factory BC's and other parts, factory fenders, used parts, but new always trumps used, unless those parts require little to no prep. These days, the after market is flooded with parts that are CAPA certified and fit and finish has come a log way. Especially when the MFGs stop producing parts this is very useful.
        This guy knows what hes doing and I would take any and all advise he is giving which sounds exactly what you are doing. I loved customers like you, let the trustworthy pros handle the business...
        Here are some of his threads, first one is the one he started with and it's a VERY long thread, over MANY years. Basically it all started with a fire and ruined his cars. Go as far down the wormhole as you like.

Well, she’s on the ground and all with permanent suspension. The only thing temp Is the front wheels. Unfortunately, its got to Go back under a cover for some time while I work on some other stuff.

The Saleen he just took to PITS, 5.2 Voodoo, his paint/body, MM suspension, etc.
        Well, here goes another build thread. I know this will sound weird but this one may be the nicest of all my sn95 builds when it’s done. 1998 Saleen Mustang #15 originally Laser red. I got this car out of Las Vegas. It was originally sold and spent most of its life in New Mexico. I’ll follow...

The inspiration for my build/goals.
        So...the guys that follow my threads probably know I have a few aero nose, sn95s and new edge cars in my collection. So it’s about time we get into a 4 eye. But never being satisfied, this one needs to be on another level. So that means more custom work on this one than any other. One word of...

Stevo

Comment

• Placed the order today for my new hood, front bumper cover, 10 piece molding kit, and fender spats which I think was the last of the body parts we needed that we don't have yet. Kevin got the fenders down to metal then getting primed.

Stevo

Comment

• He also got the front fenders in epoxy today after getting the metal work done, the driver's side was a good one he already had as my old one needed quite a bit of work.

Stevo

Comment

• Quite a bit done this week, new bumper and hood should be delivered tomorrow, new Trunk lid already in 2k and first blocking, both front fenders blocked and in 2k, the donor car driver rear 1/4 cut out so we can get it ready for the red car. I was joking with Kevin that the only thing that will be an original body part on the car is the passenger rear 1/4 panel and said it's damn nice of us to save that panel.

Stevo

Comment

• Are you shaving anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                  Are you shaving anything?
                  Shock towers forward in the engine bay, but not messing with anything behind them or the firewall.

Stevo

Comment

• So it's been a while since I updated this, there hasn't been a ton of stuff to show off as it looks like a lot of the same. Mostly getting the doors and fenders K&K perfect and straight, the doors I think are as straight as they are going to get and the fenders are almost there. The roof is pretty much ready for the T-Top frame and it was disassembled and sent for powder coating. Once Kevin has time to go start to finish on either the roof or the fender those will happen as he will need to complete it in one go once he starts it.

Gonna have to fix some rust on door mount points too.

Doors...

Fenders...

Stevo

Comment

• New bumper cover and support...

Roof measurements for T-Top frame...

New stock style steel hood...

Stevo

Comment

• New pics of the fenders this afternoon, I think we are done with door skins and front fenders as far as prime and block now.

Stevo

Comment

• Making good progress.

I don't miss the hard work, especially in the summer, but I do miss the final product and PAYDAY!
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• I'll be doing this to my t-bird soon, though I look forward to it less seeing all the work you did. I'm to lazy for all this.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                              I'll be doing this to my t-bird soon, though I look forward to it less seeing all the work you did. I'm to lazy for all this.
                              LOL, let's be clear... The only body/paint work I did was sand down the rear quarter to find the half ass repairs. Other than that the hard work I do is sending the Venmo for the invoices and waiting patiently while the work happens.

Stevo

Comment

• Today was a big milestone, no going back now! Also I was able to order the MM K member kit as it was finally in stock at LMR and I wasn't sure how long it would take to order direct from MM.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                                X