Is F1 in the US done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    i am just shocked the united states bowling congress received so much money.
    Fixed!!!
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      Fixed!!!
      Yea, F those bowlers!

Comment

I am just shocked The Seventh-Day Adventist Church General Conference Session received so much money.
        its like making up for all the sundays you have missed.

Comment

Yea, F those bowlers!
          Ya, I mean the church cult is at least going to pump money into the local economy. The bowlers, not so much...
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Ya, I mean the church cult is at least going to pump money into the local economy. The bowlers, not so much...
            how? building a bigger church?

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
              By buying out the inventory at all of the local gun stores.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

well, I mean, a building does cost money and creates jobs.

Bowlers just eat, drink, and bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by ktm300hater View Post
                  Is this the first intelligent thing you've ever said on here?

I don't know why you would think that. My statement seems consistent with the other libertarian views that I have been touting since the day I signed up here.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I think Bernie wants Texas to get in a bidding war with NY/NJ for a race. They could do back to back between Montreal and NJ. Then again they could do the same with Austin/Mexico city instead of having a week break between the two.

Comment

Colleges throughout many states in the US, and mostly in small towns. Hell, Southwestern Adventist University makes up for almost the entire population in Keene.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                        I think Bernie wants Texas to get in a bidding war with NY/NJ for a race. They could do back to back between Montreal and NJ. Then again they could do the same with Austin/Mexico city instead of having a week break between the two.
                        NY/NJ has failed to get a race set up like 4 years now though. At this point, i cant tell what Bernie wants anymore aside from money.

And i like the back to back austin/mexico. It sounds like the organizers have already started working this or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                          If a race can not happen without government money then it doesn't need to be happening at all.
                          Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                          This. Why the F are we subsidizing a multi million dollar sport?
                          On one hand, I agree with this. I think it is ridiculous that tax payers subsidize things like races, stadiums, etc. At least with stadiums the blame falls on local voters in, for instance, Arlington. They voted to foot that bill, so that falls on them. I am not sure how it works with Nascar/MotoGP/Indy/F1.

On the other hand, I look at the money our government spends on absolutely ridiculous shit, and this is a drop in the bucket. At least people get to enjoy this fucking they receive. It does still add up though.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                            If a race can not happen without government money then it doesn't need to be happening at all.
                            There is always government money involved when it comes to major events like an F-1 race. Whether it be land grants, tax credits, improved infrastructure or whatever.

COTA generates over $700 million a year in revenue for the city of Austin, a vast majority of which is from the F-1 race. They get a lot more than $25 million a year in taxes from hotels, bars, restaurants and taxis.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                              There is always government money involved when it comes to major events like an F-1 race. Whether it be land grants, tax credits, improved infrastructure or whatever.

COTA generates over $700 million a year in revenue for the city of Austin, a vast majority of which is from the F-1 race. They get a lot more than $25 million a year in taxes from hotels, bars, restaurants and taxis.
                              Im not sure that cota brings in that much money anymore..the reports from COTA are obviously going to favor their side of the debate. Texas cut fundibg based on their own auditing. But maybe texas is just trying to open up funding for better bang for the buck events. INDY and NASCAR would both provide a lot of revenue for an order of magnitude less.

Also, COTA gets closer to $35MM, its just that $28MM is dedicated to formula 1 only.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                                Racing is dying. Kids just want to dick around on facebook, play xbox, and play with their ipads these days.
                                I race on forza, you geezer
                                2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                                X