Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Artic freeze did a number on mine, but the weeds a thriving. I hit it with some Revive and preemergent last weekend and hoping for the best.

Comment

My Columbus hops are growing like crazy, 3rd season. That's all I have to contribute until my St Augustine starts to green up, hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
        The Artic freeze did a number on mine, but the weeds a thriving. I hit it with some Revive and preemergent last weekend and hoping for the best.
        Weeds are strong here. Unfortunately, sod was laid in late November/December so I'm staying away from Pre emergent and weed killers for now. Tif419 bermuda, starting to green up now, so hopefully it gets a good start and I can get the weeds under control

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
          Weeds are strong here. Unfortunately, sod was laid in late November/December so I'm staying away from Pre emergent and weed killers for now. Tif419 bermuda, starting to green up now, so hopefully it gets a good start and I can get the weeds under control

I hit mine with Bio-Advance 3-in-1 at the suggestion of a friend who is in the fertilizer/grass industry. We shall see how the new sod handles it.
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Southern Ag makes a lot of good targeted herbicides. I bought a bunch of this for the area surrounding my house so the kids can have nice grass because I have hella clover and dead nettle. The back pastures I don’t really care about.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              Southern Ag makes a lot of good targeted herbicides. I bought a bunch of this for the area surrounding my house so the kids can have nice grass because I have hella clover and dead nettle. The back pastures I don’t really care about.

What rate per gal are you mixing?
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                What rate per gal are you mixing?
                At my old house in PA when I had about a 1/16 of yard I have now I just spot sprayed with a little gallon sprayer. I mixed like 4 cap fulls and dumped it in. If you read the directions they are complicated and based on several factors like region/types of weeds you are wanting to target/surface area, etc. I just kind of winged it and it worked well. I have yet to spray a large swath which is what I have here now so it will have to be trial and error. I plan on getting like a 60gallon boom sprayer and mounting it to the back of my tractor so the application will be way different. Again, trial and error haha.

Comment

Just gettin dry enough to start mowin, I'm having to work it back down to its proper length, but w/out hurting it too much. Need to put some fresh seed down next week, weather permitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                    Just gettin dry enough to start mowin, I'm having to work it back down to its proper length, but w/out hurting it too much. Need to put some fresh seed down next week, weather permitting.

What type of grass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
                      What type of grass?

Primarily creeping bent grass, but there's probably 4 or 5 other types of turf grasses, all mixed in together in the lawn. It never goes dormant.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                        Primarily creeping bent grass, but there's probably 4 or 5 other types of turf grasses, all mixed in together in the lawn. It never goes dormant.

Nice. I could live with that for sure.

Comment

Should I keep new sod cut low for a while to encourage creep? I'm starting to green up, and need to knock the weeds down.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                            Should I keep new sod cut low for a while to encourage creep? I'm starting to green up, and need to knock the weeds down.

Bermuda I assume? If so, cutting low and often is always good. Feed it with some 10-10-10 or milorganite. Just bag your clippings and worry about weeds later after the sod has established some. Don’t use pre-emergent until the sod is one season old.

Comment

Bermuda I assume? If so, cutting low and often is always good. Feed it with some 10-10-10 or milorganite. Just bag your clippings and worry about weeds later after the sod has established some. Don’t use pre-emergent until the sod is one season old.

I love milorganite. I use it along with other fertilizer and makes my yard super deep green
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Tif 419, yes. Sorry, I left that out.

Comment

Working...
                                X