Ashli Babbitt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashli Babbitt

Whats the deal with this killing ? Why isn't there more being said/done about this deal. They wont even release the name of the officer that killed her.

Capital police were literally barricaded in the speaker's chamber with a weapon pointed at the door. The crowd knew there was a weapon as they bashed through the doors, they fired as soon as she stepped through the broken window.

Comment

I have lots of issues with the government but that cop (or maybe secret service, looked like he was in a suit) shooting her isn't one of them. You choose to be part of a mob storming congress then getting shot is a risk you take.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
        I have lots of issues with the government but that cop (or maybe secret service, looked like he was in a suit) shooting her isn't one of them. You choose to be part of a mob storming congress then getting shot is a risk you take.
        The problem I think most people have is that if the shoe was on the other foot and it was the Dems storming the building and a 'peaceful protester' was shot there would be 9 kinds of hell to pay. But, since she's white and a Repub it's no big deal.

Firm believer in play stupid games... But, there is a touch of hypocrisy going on that is driving the issue.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
          Officially it was capital police, that's who handles the speaker's security. They had all the help they could muster though. Imagine the shit show we'd have if an active duty special forces soldier shot an American in the capital building while working a special assignment via an FBI contract. It's easier just to say it's capital police with no elaboration because he was likely wearing a capital police badge at the time. Or maybe it really was just a beat cop in plain clothes protecting the 3rd in line for the presidency during a riot.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
            The problem I think most people have is that if the shoe was on the other foot and it was the Dems storming the building and a 'peaceful protester' was shot there would be 9 kinds of hell to pay. But, since she's white and a Repub it's no big deal.

Firm believer in play stupid games... But, there is a touch of hypocrisy going on that is driving the issue.
            If it was the dems you'd be on here screaming everyone of them should have been shot....

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              If it was the dems you'd be on here screaming everyone of them should have been shot....
              When the fuck have I ever given that impression? GFY
              G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                When the fuck have I ever given that impression? GFY
                I'm just playing the flip side of your argument.

Comment

She tried to breach a makeshift barrier police were behind, who were pointing guns at her. Mob mentality got the best of her and she made a really stupid decision.
                  "play stupid games..."

Comment

Good shoot.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                      She tried to breach a makeshift barrier police were behind, who were pointing guns at her. Mob mentality got the best of her and she made a really stupid decision.
                      "play stupid games..."
                      While people were screaming HE'S GOT A GUN. I have a feeling Nancy or some other VIP was being stubborn and didn't want to leave.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                          Whats the deal with this killing ? Why isn't there more being said/done about this deal. They wont even release the name of the officer that killed her.
                          Solid chance he wouldn't survive if they did.
                          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                            Solid chance he wouldn't survive if they did.

But every single cop that shoots a black person gets outed the same day by the media.

Comment

It is the contrast in the way the situation has been treated in comparison to others that bothers people. In this situation you see the full power of the government covering its own ass when it can't seem to cover the ass of the people in cities who are getting their shit burned down. Two types of riots, one where people get shot with no questions asked for barely articulable threats against others, another where people can literally burn down cities and murder people in the streets, yet not even be fired at with live ammunition by authorities. Further, those who dare to take action in the latter are fully prosecuted using every conceivable nook and cranny of the legal system. They are outed and their lives are ruined. Meanwhile the perps who are arrested for rioting have charges dropped by DAs who are down with the ideology.

I see no difference myself, the people burning things down in riots are the ones who are fully in favor of empowering the government to employ every double standard imaginable, especially if the targets don't agree with leftist ideology. We are surrounded by mouth breathing idiots who will fully endorse this shit right up until they are the ones being sent off to the gulag, then it will be a travesty. Bill Maher is a great example.
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X