RIP Dusty Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Dusty Hill

Dusty Hill, a bassist for the band ZZ Top, died in his sleep while at home in Houston, Texas, according to his band mates Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard, who shared the news on Wednesday.

Dusty Hill, one of the founding members of the legendary 1970s rock group ZZ Top, has died, his bandmates announced on Wednesday. He was 72 years old.

Hill, a bassist and vocalist for the band whose hits include Legs and Gimme All Your Lovin', passed away in his sleep while at home in Houston, Texas.

His death was announced on Wednesday by his bandmates, Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard, who shared the sad news on Instagram.

Hill's death comes after the musician had to drop out of recent ZZ Top shows when he was taking care of a hip injury.

At that time, the band said its longtime guitar tech, Elwood Francis, would fill in on bass, slide guitar and harmonica.

It is not known if his death is related to his recovery from the injury.

A ZZ Top concert scheduled for Wednesday night at the CCNB Amphitheatre in Simpsonville, South Carolina has been canceled.

Fans who bought tickets through TicketMaster and Live Nation will automatically have their purchases refunded.

The ZZ Top concert scheduled for Friday at Tuscaloosa Amphitheater in Alabama has not been canceled, though the venue encourages fans to check the band's social media and the amphitheater's web page for any changes.

Sad loss: One of the founding members of the legendary 1970s rock group ZZ Top died this week. Dusty Hill, a bassist and vocalist for the band, died in his sleep while at home in Houston, Texas. Seen in 2010

The next 20 years is going to eviscerate that generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      The next 20 years is going to eviscerate that generation.
      acdc and ozzy will be a heartbreaker for me. tom petty was a tough loss

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
        acdc and ozzy will be a heartbreaker for me. tom petty was a tough loss
        Same for me with Tom.

It will be a sad day when plant and page go.

Comment

Petty was one of the few concerts that his music live sounded just like his records.
          Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Damit don't remind me about Tom Petty

And if you look at the cause of death of a lot of them, it's the pain pills. Probably fentnyl or however you spell that

Of the top of my head it killed

Tom Petty

Prince

Static-X

I'm sure its a lot more
            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
              Petty was one of the few concerts that his music live sounded just like his records.
              tom petty live was amazing! he could put on a concert

Comment

Working...
              X