Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all dumb right now.

Comment

The more I look at the newest corvette, the more I hate it.

The engineering in the engine is really impressive but I can't help but think it should do more. It is 340 cubes, direct injected, 32 valves and 12.5:1 compression and it revs to 8600 rpm. I'm sure it is beastly but it seems like it should make about 700 hp to me. They are probably leaving some in it for the next few model years.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Rumor has it the entire first 2 years allocation was already sold.

If you want one, you should have either A) already got an allocation B) be willing to wait at least 3 more years, or C) be ready to pay BIG.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          The more I look at the newest corvette, the more I hate it.

The engineering in the engine is really impressive but I can't help but think it should do more. It is 340 cubes, direct injected, 32 valves and 12.5:1 compression and it revs to 8600 rpm. I'm sure it is beastly but it seems like it should make about 700 hp to me. They are probably leaving some in it for the next few model years.
          Its the most powerful production N/A V8 ever made. What more do you want?
          Last edited by LaserSVT; 11-04-2021, 11:05 PM.
          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            I'm sure it is beastly but it seems like it should make about 700 hp to me. They are probably leaving some in it for the next few model years.
            Don't forget that it also comes with a warranty.
            Warranty spend for an OEM is not a small thing. Yeah, they might crank it up later, but for now my non-2023 ZO6-having ass says take what you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
              Its the most powerful production V8 ever made. What more do you want?
              Going out on a limb and saying, 700hp.

Comment

LMAO! I walked right into that one I suppose.
                Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  Going out on a limb and saying, 700hp.
                  Ha!

I once drove a 2008 ZO6 LS7 and that car was buy far the fastest Corvette I had ever driven that was naturally aspirated. It really moved in stock form, I believe this one had the CAI and full exhaust, but no tune or cam. I will be anxious to drive the new one and would consider buying it if could be had a decent price...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                    Its the most powerful production V8 ever made. What more do you want?
                    Naturally aspirated V8.

Bronco, it needs to hold together for 100k+ miles. Of course, they left some on the table.
                    Ford
                    GM
                    Toyota
                    VAG

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                      I finally got around to reading this article, one or two things I found interesting is the curb weight of the car (3700-3850) It does make HP, but the TQ is low. I did some quick math and most say a manual trans will take about 5% of driveline loss, so I gave 10% for the DC trans and its about 60+hp less that it will make to the wheels. Still respectable, but it looks like it will be heavier than the previous ZO7. Of course these are just pre-production numbers, but I wonder how it will fare on an actual Dyno and real 1/4 mile times.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

The c8 would be cool if GM would quit fucking around and let tuners play with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          The c8 would be cool if GM would quit fucking around and let tuners play with them.
                          That's the problem with these modern sports cars. They want to control everything and not let the driver have anything to do with it. Modern cars are so damned computerized and controlled people lose the connection with the actual experience. Soon they will have a seat and a computer with a programmed destination and will control every aspect of the drive. Might as well just push a pre-programmed button at the race track that says 1/4 mile. Let the computer control the throttle, brakes, and steering.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                            That's the problem with these modern sports cars. They want to control everything and not let the driver have anything to do with it. Modern cars are so damned computerized and controlled people lose the connection with the actual experience. Soon they will have a seat and a computer with a programmed destination and will control every aspect of the drive. Might as well just push a pre-programmed button at the race track that says 1/4 mile. Let the computer control the throttle, brakes, and steering.
                            My C7z is legitimately amazing because the tuners were able to play with it. To make a c8 any level of fast it’s a standalone system, and I’m out on that.

My F1x broke a belt over the weekend and I got a taste of NA “power” and that can fuck right off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

My F1x broke a belt over the weekend and I got a taste of NA “power” and that can fuck right off.
                              Ohh no you poor baby, just like 500 hp? Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                                Ohh no you poor baby, just like 500 hp? Lol.
                                Tried to make another hit and thought I broke the trans 😂.

Car makes a little steam

Comment

Working...
                                X