Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much does it cost to get concrete poured?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much does it cost to get concrete poured?

I'm trying to extend my patio and i had laid down pavers which worked for little bit but I didn't get them down very well and no it looks horrible. I pulled them all back up and was thinking that it would just be better to pour concrete instead of doing this every few years. The space is 12 by 13. Thanks for any advice.
    Originally posted by Baron
    If I dissagree with you, it is because you are wrong.

I cubic yard of cement = 27 cubic feet =(3' x 3' x 3')

Example: 10' x 10' pad that is 3" thick

area = 10' x 10' = 100 sq ft.
    Volume = 100 sq ft. x 3"/(12'/ft)= 100sq ft x .25'= 25 cubic feet.

25 cubic feet = 25ft^3 / 27ft^3 = .92 cubic yards of concrete.

Figure about $80 to $95 per cubic yard of cement.

It would cost about $80 to $95 for the concrete. This does not include labor.

Call your local concrete plant and find out what the going rate is in your area for a cubic yard of concrete

Comment

also consider cost of other materials such as re-mesh (hog wire) or re-bar to add strength to the concrete.

Comment

I think your math is off...

12x13 = 156

156 * .3 = 46.8

46.8 / 27 = ~1.75 so call it 2 yards

I dont know many people who are going to come out and do a small area like that. There just isnt a lot of money in the job. You can rent a small 1 yard trailer and make a couple trips and do it yourself.

Comment

Sac-Crete and rent a mixer from home depot.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

found a calculator and it backs up what I was thinking. And if you do it by hand with a mixer, that is going to suck... 87 bags of 80lb concrete. No thanks

Use this free concrete calculator to quickly find out how many bags, yards or cubic meters you need. Simply enter length, width and thickness.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
              I think your math is off...

12x13 = 156

156 * .3 = 46.8

46.8 / 27 = ~1.75 so call it 2 yards

I dont know many people who are going to come out and do a small area like that. There just isnt a lot of money in the job. You can rent a small 1 yard trailer and make a couple trips and do it yourself.
              oh well i tried to help! if i was getting paid i would've made more of an effort

Comment

Thanks for all the replys. I have some decision making to do. I really appreciate it.
                Originally posted by Baron
                If I dissagree with you, it is because you are wrong.

Comment

I know a guy that does custom patio work. Pm me if you want his number

Comment

I went from this

To this for 3100.00. It also has a 2 ft beam all the way around it, and is tied into the house. I got lucky and got 4k psi concrete also just because the plants were behind that day. Found the guy on angies list and he was very well reviewed. That price was taking down and hauling off everything also. 21x24. Damn I really need to paint the back of the house. Ehhhh its a slow remodel.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Now you need a big bad ass porch on there Jason!

Also, I poured two yards today on a retaining wall and flower beds. Rented a small mixer that you tow with your truck off 205 in Rockwall. Concrete was high as hell at about $150 a yard though.
                      Last edited by mikec; 03-07-2013, 08:40 AM. Reason: Shit! Wrong they're, their, there....
                      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                        Now you need a big bad ass porch on their Jason!

Also, I poured two yards today on a retaining wall and flower beds. Rented a small mixer that you tow with your truck off 205 in Rockwall. Concrete was high as hell at about $150 a yard though.
                        dam, if one of our contractors at work buys from the company im at they charge $60 a yard. but we are a construction company with our own patch plant.
                        Last edited by lincolnboy; 03-05-2013, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Dammit man, it has gone stupid.

Comment

a wheel barrow and chopping hole could have done it cheaper! it's only 2 yards

Comment

Well you see, while the wife is in limbo about next year, the porch is on stand bye. As soon as I know, some straggly ass contractor/roofer/ whatever will know.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X