Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    Cool story bros:

I have a friend that is just one of those odd people who... for some reason just doesn't get very hungry. One of those skinny guys who doesn't eat much. He told me that it seemed a bit odd to him too, when he began to notice how much other people actually eat. So last year he decided to see how long it would take him to get hungry. 3 days. He didn't eat for 3 days and wasn't hungry until near the end of the 3rd day. I ain't wired that way. My stomach is bitching at me after about 4 hours after waking up.
    Bottom line, you will never know until you try. In my experience, after the first meal you skip, the hunger is the worst but it never gets worse than that.

Comment

The thread interested me, so I did a 60 hour water fast. With a house warming party tonight and Father's Day tomorrow, I ended it at the 60 hour mark. I'll be damned if I miss my fajitas tomorrow. I had 5 pointed observations:

1. The hunger pangs from 24-36 hours were the worst. Absolutely brutal. After that they were very manageable.
      2. The last of focus on day 1 was absurd. I was irritable and my head felt like soup.
      3. I could easily have slept 9-10 hours a night like I read about. Being a full time dad and having to get up at 6am for work hindered that.
      4. I wish I had keto strips. I mean, you piss on the hour the first 36 hours. I drank over a gallon every day. I was still pissing yellow after 48 hours.
      5. The manageability of it after 48 hours was easy. The first 2 days are definitely the tipping point. Hunger went away quick whenever it came up, I'd just drink more water.

I'm going to do it again, I'll just plan better. I need to do a 5 day where I won't run into a busy holiday weekend for sure. In 60 hours, I went from 163.4lbs to 154.2lbs, which was surprising. It was a fun experiment and I'll do it again soon.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
        The thread interested me, so I did a 60 hour water fast. With a house warming party tonight and Father's Day tomorrow, I ended it at the 60 hour mark. I'll be damned if I miss my fajitas tomorrow. I had 5 pointed observations:

1. The hunger pangs from 24-36 hours were the worst. Absolutely brutal. After that they were very manageable.
        2. The last of focus on day 1 was absurd. I was irritable and my head felt like soup.
        3. I could easily have slept 9-10 hours a night like I read about. Being a full time dad and having to get up at 6am for work hindered that.
        4. I wish I had keto strips. I mean, you piss on the hour the first 36 hours. I drank over a gallon every day. I was still pissing yellow after 48 hours.
        5. The manageability of it after 48 hours was easy. The first 2 days are definitely the tipping point. Hunger went away quick whenever it came up, I'd just drink more water.

I'm going to do it again, I'll just plan better. I need to do a 5 day where I won't run into a busy holiday weekend for sure. In 60 hours, I went from 163.4lbs to 154.2lbs, which was surprising. It was a fun experiment and I'll do it again soon.
        Good job.

I'm glad I had the test strips. 10 bucks at Walgreens/Cvs for 50 strips.

I'd be interested to see how much weight if any at all you put back on this first week. I dropped 4ish pounds and have held it off 5 days now. Doing a mild form of ketogenic diet. low low carbs (<50g) and no refined sugar and may be (<20). but have also kept up with my 17/7 intermittent fast.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

How bad is the tired (hunger) head?

Comment

Do any of you all take any vitamins at least, or just straight up water?
            Thought about doing this, but wonder if you could take vitamins at least.
            haven't done any more reading outside of this thread

Comment

I didn't ingest anything that would activate digestive enzymes or start a digestive process.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                First 36 hours absolutely suck. Focus sucks. Hunger pangs come in waves and were brutal. However, if you don't poon out, everything became very simple after 48 hours. I'd still be going if it wasn't for weekend festivities.
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                dont downshift!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                  Do any of you all take any vitamins at least, or just straight up water?
                  Thought about doing this, but wonder if you could take vitamins at least.
                  haven't done any more reading outside of this thread
                  Water only.
                  dont downshift!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                    First 36 hours absolutely suck. Focus sucks. Hunger pangs come in waves and were brutal. However, if you don't poon out, everything became very simple after 48 hours. I'd still be going if it wasn't for weekend festivities.
                    I only did 24 hours. The worst for me was about lunch time. (I did dinner to dinner) headaches were never really bad, and the hunger was manageable. Like everyone else, when I would get hungry I drank water. It may get more intense in the 24-36/48 hr time frame.

Observations:

I dropped a couple of pounds. 146 down to 144.

Any increase in mental clarity was marred by the thoughts of hunger and the mental fight.

I seemed to reset my eating habits allowing me to reduce my calorie intake. I am focusing on a 1500 cal diet to shed some of the fluff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

So yesterday I broke fast as mentioned. Ate 2 eggs and 1 slice of wheat toast. No gastro issues. Had a banana and a decent dinner around 6. Definitely shrunk up my stomach. Woke up this morning, no bowel movement, scale read 153.2, so I dropped another pound.

I had a few other motives behind doing this besides the "see if I can do it", one was to help get sugars out of my system and re-introduce food in a regulated manner. The next few weeks will be interesting.
                      dont downshift!!

Comment

Gonna try a short 36 to give my system a break again. This time starting Sunday (tonight) evening after dinner (steak, small salad, and lemon butter baked fish). Net carb intake has been very low this past week. Weight is steadily dropping still, but I gym daily and still intermittent fast.

No gym tomorrow so figure I'll go on water only until Tuesday morning. 38 hrs all added up and I figure 20 of those will be spent in bed.

Comment

So my last was 6 days (149 hours exact) and I'm starting a 7 day today with a 3 day vegetable juice after.
                          Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Gonna try this tomorrow
                            Gonna eat a good tonight and try at least 3 days.

Comment

Good luck guys!
                              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I could max get a 48 hour in I may try next weekend.

I could've done it this 4 day but decided to hike up a mountain. So calories were kinda necessary. /humblebarg
                                Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                                It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Working...
                                X