No announcement yet.

4bangen's new rc tread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ehhh....at that size it would at least be a 4 part mold because my printer is pretty size constrained as are most. 19" is huge for a printer.

It may be best to machine them out of HDPE and then they will last way longer.

Comment

I'm just going to hand carve, heck I'm only making the one of them. these are just practice.

Comment

Would love to attend an X-1 launch.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
          I'm just going to hand carve, heck I'm only making the one of them. these are just practice.
          Ahh I see. I thought you were going to manufacture kits again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            Ahh I see. I thought you were going to manufacture kits again.
            nah, going back to doing things for fun.

Comment

Work continues. The B-29 still needs larger motors and the x1 needs to be electrified, I'll also want to paint both of them, but I'm getting close to reenacting the original X-1 flight! Can't wait!!!

Comment

Awesome...you just gonna cake some bondo on then sand and paint?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  Awesome...you just gonna cake some bondo on then sand and paint?
                  Not this one, it's just going to get bombed in orange. But the final version will likely get coated in super thin fiberglass. this one is just for testing.

Comment

Well work continues, I've made some big steps over the weekend.
                    First thing first, the X1 now has a home, I hogged out the belly of the B-29 and made room for it's little buddy. I've also sourced references for all the correct markings for the B-29 Stork, and the Glamorous Glennis X1. I also took the first x1 I cut (the hand toss glider I used to work out a cg) and painted it with the paint I plan on using to make sure it wont eat the foam. Everything went well enough to move ahead and paint both planes this week. I need to finish reskinning the belly of the modified bomber though, that won't take long at all. Big thing right now is the B-29 is under powered. I need to find 4 motors in my collection that are the stout enough to get the job done. Then I have to trust another pilot to take the sticks of the bomber and put the x1 up for some glide tests. If that all goes well I will be ready to build the final version and go for glory. I hope to clear 250mph with his project, but I'll be happy if it just works. lol

Comment

• It's been a while since I've posted in this thread, my buick, work, and kid have been taking up all my time. But I do have something to report for once! Last weekend on Sunday I actually got out and flew. While packing up an older gentleman showed up and told me he was looking to liquidate his collection. Turns out he had airplane I had wanted to buy a few years ago at a swap meet. It's a 108" Curtis Jenny, I've been looking for something like this for a while. Generically speaking, I've been wanting any giant scale biplane from the pre WWII era. This plane was built off a set of plans that the original owner had enlarged to the size he wanted. Every piece was hand cut and assembled. The plane has never been flown either. I hope to get it in the air soon, but have a little bit of work to do first. Not the least of which is deciding on a power plant. I'm pretty sure I'm going electric, but haven't ruled out gas completely. I plan on weighing it this weekend, that will help me make up my mind. This is quite the departure from the normal foam stuff I do, but it's by far not my first balsa built up plane. I'll keep y'all up to date on what I decide.

Comment

• Started something new. I've done the flying Bus a few times, I've done a flying firetruck. Now we are going to have a flying van! lol I'm thinking its going to have a P-38 stile wing and twin boom tail that will bolt on as a unit. trying to decide what version of the van it will be painted like though. It's had for totally different looks so far. what do y'all think?

Comment

• I'm back in the game. Going for simple and functional here. the SR and the drone will be flown by separate pilots. I'm going to make 2 drones, one with a motor and pusher prop, and the other one will be rocket powered. Should be fun.

Comment

Working...
                          X