As if my luck couldn't even!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
    Well, how about an update. Physical therapy is over, doctors visits are over, I'm still on muscle relaxers and anti inflammatory meds daily. Some days are good, and some are bad. I have discovered CBD cream and it's made a huge difference in my pain levels. Going to try the oil soon and I have a free coupon to do "Cryo" treatments soon. I'm up for just about anything at this point.
    Now for the fun part. My lawyer called yesterday and broke some pretty bad news to me. The lady that hit me has the state minimum liability insurance that caps at $30k. Problem is, my medical bills are at $56k right now. So I have to file another claim on my insurance and use my under insured driver coverage. That caps at $50k. Sooooo I $80,000 dollars to pay the doctors, layer and what ever pain and suffering they where going to get me. I'm pretty much fucked for life and have nothing to show for it. My nice new car isn't worth shit now, (I was right side up on it before the wreck) and my insurance rates are probably going to go up. All because some soccer mom in a bust ass Hyundai suv wasn't paying attention to what she was doing. From the cop treating me like shit telling me I was wasting his time,and refusing to ticket her, to the cattle in line like feeling I got from the physical therapy clinic, I have been left with a pretty bad taste in my mouth for people in general. The only hero in this whole damn saga is my wife who's been there for me this whole time without one gripe. At times (when the pain gets really bad) I've been a real asshole. But still she's taken it all in stride. Here's hoping something positive comes out of all this. I guess it could be worse... I could be black. lol But in all honesty it really could be worse, I mean She could have had no insurance, or I could have been hurt worse. I guess it's time to just soldier on and get used to this pain as part of my life.

sorry for the angry rant, I just needed to vent.
    That sux.

About the same here. I’m still going thru PT for whiplash. It looks like I’m in the 25% where this shit never goes away. The kid’s insurance has to pay for 4 vehicles, and my truck is the big ticket.

Replaced my totaled ‘18 with a ‘19 Lariat. It’s a little nicer, and got hail damage Feb 6. 5 fucking weeks old.

Sometimes life sux.
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Well, how about an update. Physical therapy is over, doctors visits are over, I'm still on muscle relaxers and anti inflammatory meds daily. Some days are good, and some are bad. I have discovered CBD cream and it's made a huge difference in my pain levels. Going to try the oil soon and I have a free coupon to do "Cryo" treatments soon. I'm up for just about anything at this point.
      Now for the fun part. My lawyer called yesterday and broke some pretty bad news to me. The lady that hit me has the state minimum liability insurance that caps at $30k. Problem is, my medical bills are at $56k right now. So I have to file another claim on my insurance and use my under insured driver coverage. That caps at $50k. Sooooo I $80,000 dollars to pay the doctors, layer and what ever pain and suffering they where going to get me. I'm pretty much fucked for life and have nothing to show for it. My nice new car isn't worth shit now, (I was right side up on it before the wreck) and my insurance rates are probably going to go up. All because some soccer mom in a bust ass Hyundai suv wasn't paying attention to what she was doing. From the cop treating me like shit telling me I was wasting his time,and refusing to ticket her, to the cattle in line like feeling I got from the physical therapy clinic, I have been left with a pretty bad taste in my mouth for people in general. The only hero in this whole damn saga is my wife who's been there for me this whole time without one gripe. At times (when the pain gets really bad) I've been a real asshole. But still she's taken it all in stride. Here's hoping something positive comes out of all this. I guess it could be worse... I could be black. lol But in all honesty it really could be worse, I mean She could have had no insurance, or I could have been hurt worse. I guess it's time to just soldier on and get used to this pain as part of my life.

sorry for the angry rant, I just needed to vent.
      or you can take the 30k and then sue her for the remainder. that's what your lawyer should be telling you

Comment

• On a bright note, your shiny new distributor is with me at the Texas Motor Speedway. Lets try to meet up after work. If not today, than this weekend.

Comment

• Quick update, Waiting to meet up with the lawyer for hopefully the end of all this. Still have pain, numbness, and it can get quite frustrating at times. But life goes on. An odd side effect from all of this is that I find it hard to love my car. It works great (one and only issue is there's a creaking sound from the rear body when I go over speed bumps)
          It's a pretty car, sounds good runs strong, and corners pretty darn well. But I just can't feel a connection with it. I feel a connection with the wife's 15 GT, I want to keep that car forever, but the white car feels like "just a car" like it's tainted some how. anyone get where I'm coming from? I feel more "love for my friggen van than I do this thing.
          Last edited by Rick Modena; 07-06-2019, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• My '17 has has it's creaks, bought new, and it's never been in a wreck, that's Ford build quality for you. I enjoy the car for the 700hp hot rod that it is, and it was a dream of mine to build it for a good while, but daily'ing it from Frisco to Las Colinas in traffic every day has definitely worn off the luster. I have no desire to drive a "cheap" DD, so I'll probably be selling it sooner rather than later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
              My '17 has has it's creaks, bought new, and it's never been in a wreck, that's Ford build quality for you. I enjoy the car for the 700hp hot rod that it is, and it was a dream of mine to build it for a good while, but daily'ing it from Frisco to Las Colinas in traffic every day has definitely worn off the luster. I have no desire to drive a "cheap" DD, so I'll probably be selling it sooner rather than later.
              Let us get first dibs if you put it up for sale.

Comment

Quick update, Waiting to meet up with the lawyer for hopefully the end of all this. Still have pain, numbness, and it can get quite frustrating at times. But life goes on. An odd side effect from all of this is that I find it hard to love my car. It works great (one and only issue is there's a creaking sound from the rear body when I go over speed bumps)
                It's a pretty car, sounds good runs strong, and corners pretty darn well. But I just can't feel a connection with it. I feel a connection with the wife's 15 GT, I want to keep that car forever, but the white car feels like "just a car" like it's tainted some how. anyone get where I'm coming from? I feel more "love for my friggen van than I do this thing.
                ]
                I feel the same with my V, sure it’s fun but I have no attachment to it and may sell it soon.

Comment

• Man that's why I love having a larger vehicle for a daily. I walked out to my truck rocking at lowes the other day and a guy looking at the big tear in his front bumper from hitting my hitch. I just laughed and said..."that's why I leave it in..."

Same with my explorer...the best day was when it stopped being "pretty" and became a tool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    Let us get first dibs if you put it up for sale.
                    "Adult owned and driven."

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll probably be selling it sooner rather than later.
                      Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                      may sell it soon.
                      that's the pisser here, I can't even sell mine with out loosing my ass on it, seeing as it's been in a major accident. I'll probably just end up paying it off and keep teaching the kid to drive in it. She sure likes it.

Comment

• Sounds like you need to mod it more. Re-kindle the love for it with a blower or something.

Comment

• Car looks good and it looks like they did a decent job putting it back together, you might just have a bad bushing that got binded up during the crash. I would go ahead and put some nice Delray bushings back in it and stiffin up the rear end.
                          I was in love with my dads car and I got it when I turned 16 in HS, It was one of the best days of my young life.
                          Of course I trashed it because I was 16, but girls are not like boys, but they will run into shit, its good you don't care about it anymore cause shes going to make you remember how good it looked at one time, haha...

BTW, I had to put the cockblock on that poster sized picture you had.
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            Car looks good and it looks like they did a decent job putting it back together, you might just have a bad bushing that got binded up during the crash. I would go ahead and put some nice Delray bushings back in it and stiffin up the rear end.
                            I was in love with my dads car and I got it when I turned 16 in HS, It was one of the best days of my young life.
                            Of course I trashed it because I was 16, but girls are not like boys, but they will run into shit, its good you don't care about it anymore cause shes going to make you remember how good it looked at one time, haha...

BTW, I had to put the cockblock on that poster sized picture you had.
                            HAHA sorry, didn't realize I hadn't resized that one. I'll try to do better next time. I know what you mean about kids tearing stuff up. But this kid is an odd one. She's the most responsible level headed 13yo I've ever met. She's a hard core athlete, and damn near OCD. She has a pear of volleyball shoes that have never touched anything but the court itself, she's religious about only having them on when she's playing. I walked by the bathroom one day to find her cleaning the bottom of the shoes because they where "smudged". She has had the same iPhone since she was 9, and has only cracked the screen once when she dropped it getting out of the car. Hell unless she strait up crashes it, it will probably look nicer than it is now,if she ends up with it. Though I'm thinking I may end up getting her a tesla 3 when she starts driving. we will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                              Sounds like you need to mod it more. Re-kindle the love for it with a blower or something.
                              That's a lot like buying a set of tits for a bitchy girlfriend. Sure you'll have fun in the short-term, and probably hold on for longer than you would have, but she'll still eventually be some new guy's toy, and you'll be wishing you had spent that money elsewhere.

Mine's modded to the hilt for a purely street car, and I'm no more attached to it at this point than had I left it stock.

Comment

That's a lot like buying a set of tits for a bitchy girlfriend. Sure you'll have fun in the short-term, and probably hold on for longer than you would have, but she'll still eventually be some new guy's toy, and you'll be wishing you had spent that money elsewhere.

Mine's modded to the hilt for a purely street car, and I'm no more attached to it at this point than had I left it stock.
                                That’s a good analogy, he should just sink that money into the rape team van.

Comment

Working...
                                X