My first gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first gun

So, I'm late to the game, obviously. Here's my first firearm, a Citadel 1911 9mm that I got at what I think is a great price. Given my lack experience with guns in general I wanted to make sure I knew everything about it, how it functioned and what everything did, so I took it apart (with the help of a YouTube video to make sure I didn't blow myself up because I put something in wrong. So far it's probably got 150 rounds through it give or take a mag or three. I may or may not have picked up a new hobby. I don't know if I care more that it's a gun, or the amount of small machinery inside that has to work perfectly in order for the weapon to function correctly. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have a fully supported chamber. Anyway, on to the pics!

shitadel

Comment

I didn't like the ambi safety, so the gun smith here in town swapped me out for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
        shitadel
        You might be surprised at how well this one is fitted. It's also not a Taurus, so it has that going for it.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I got a chance to finger it the other day and it's not bad. Certainly can't beat it for the price. Only time will tell if it's good or not. racrguy, it was nice meeting you the other and seeing YALE again. You've only shot FMJ through it so far right? I would be curious to see how it feeds some HP. Anyway, very nice gun sir.

Comment

I borrowed it and tried to run a bunch of stuff through it. The short version of the results is, if it's ball ammo, has a similar ogive to ball ammo, or is a short truncated cone (FMJ-TC's), it will run great. In fact, it was more accurate with 124gr +P Golden Sabers than anything. It will not feed long TC-shaped hollow points or any of the polymer tipped hollow points from Hornady.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
              I got a chance to finger it the other day and it's not bad. Certainly can't beat it for the price. Only time will tell if it's good or not. racrguy, it was nice meeting you the other and seeing YALE again. You've only shot FMJ through it so far right? I would be curious to see how it feeds some HP. Anyway, very nice gun sir.
              Thanks man, it was nice meeting you and Phaux as well.

Comment

I bet it would feed some TC-shaped HP's, if they were seated deep enough in the case.

Comment

Love seeing folks using their rights. Congratulations.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Nice! Congrats on the purchase! I bought one a while back when Academy had them on hot deal for $200 off! It functions well, and is accurate. Though I haven't tried any hollow points in mine as I don't plan to ever use it for SD, only as a range toy...
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I bought the sam gun from academy a few months back. So far its been great. I have zero complaints. I have only 500 rounds through it.

Comment

Also i will say this. I really like shooting it a lot better after i added the houge grips.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
                          Also i will say this. I really like shooting it a lot better after i added the houge grips.
                          Those look like they bulked the gun up quite a bit. Aside from the safety, I'm going to leave mine alone until I become more familiar with it. So far the only thing I don't like is when the slide comes down over the disconnector it catches just a bit. In looking at Yale's Colt and my Citadel his Colt has a rounded edge on the front of the stripper block whereas mine is just a machined 90* edge. His is a .45 though so I'm not sure of any difference in performance I'd see if mine was modified.

Comment

They do bulk it up a bit, not really that much. The thing i like most are the finger groves. Just makes it fell so much better in my hand.

Comment

I might get one of these.
                              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                              X