Going Tahoe shopping this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Yeah maybe I misinterpreted what he meant. I was thinking a few buggies and four wheelers at 3-4,000 lbs with a 1,500 lb trailer. And that's not normally done on all paved roads given the fact they're for offroading.
    As for off-roading, the BMW is just as capable as any other AWD vehicle of a similar size, ground clearance, and tire contact patch. My X4 has been all over the Sierra's, dirt, mud, and snow. Don't expect it to perform like a Jeep, but it's plenty capable, and not at all fragile.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      This is what I was also going to recommend if hes dead set on a dated design with a hideous interior. At least the Toyota is going to last forever.

Of course it's easy to make something last forever when you never truly innovate...which is why their powerplant is so damn out of date. Underpowered and inefficient...but if that doesnt matter as much as reliability it's a no brainer.
      No innovation or just keeping it simple? I like how basic Toyota’s are.. less shit to break or become extremely dated 5 years from now as technology keeps making huge advances every couple years
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        No innovation or just keeping it simple? I like how basic Toyota’s are.. less shit to break or become extremely dated 5 years from now as technology keeps making huge advances every couple years
        Both. Toyotas customers put reliability and safety over powertrain innovation and updated body/interior packages. So their powertrains are way out of date while the cars stay the same for like a decade or more.

Other makes actually innovate on their power trains because their customers care about things like high output/ high MPG options, tow ratings and half way decent interiors.

Designing a high output and high efficiency engine is much harder than keeping the same powerplant for decades and only focusing on reliability.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
          Fox body + 5K

/thread
          I could buy a helluva suv if I could get all the money back that I’ve ‘invested’ in my foxbody.

Comment

How much are you looking to spend? New or Used? I know it's more money, but it checks the boxes and then some...Land Cruiser, used is my suggestion.

Comment

By buggy I meant side x side. I can’t see a reason I’d ever tow more than 7k with her ride. I have a 3/4 ton truck for that. I don’t want to spend more than $50k, I’d really like to be below that. I’ll check out the Toyota, I might give the expedition a shot as well.

I’ve always wanted an AWD 6.2 Denali but we can afford that at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                How much are you looking to spend? New or Used? I know it's more money, but it checks the boxes and then some...Land Cruiser, used is my suggestion.
                $50k tops. I think her Acura will trade in for $10k so we’ll finance under $40k. I’m open to either new or used. Or a loaner as mentioned.

Comment

50K would get you a higher mileage Land Cruiser, but IMO that doesn't matter because A. it's a Toyota, they're pretty bullet proof. B. It will still hold its resale better than most if not all in its respective category, and C. They still look classy after all of these years really in any generation or refresh.

Comment

Extremely pleased with our Z71 Suburban. I’d go with the longer one if possible. More room for seating and storage not to mention rides a bit better. Its a 5.3/6 and i have never needed more power out of it. I have owned multiple 6.2 trucks and i would get that if i could but its not really needed.

Comment

Our 3.5 eco expedition runs great and is loaded with cool shit.

Comment

My old boss had a tundra and that thing couldn’t make it to Austin without stopping for fuel. It had maybe a 20 gallon tank. Is the sequoia the same?

Comment

We put 4k miles on a 19 model rental Tahoe last week, never had an issue and was loaded to the brim with our stuff. Only thing I didn't like was the cargo area was a little short. regular size suitcase was a squeeze to get in vertically. It may be because it had the 3rd row seating, but I'm not sure. I got about 22 highway mpg over the course of the trip.

As far as GM engines being bad, my 15 Sierra has 437k miles and counting that beg to differ. It's all in the maintenance you provide them.

Comment

Image 96-BE9-AF4-A0-FA-4941-B3-D8-CB8-C0-C1-A6-F30 hosted in ImgBB

Got a ‘17 z71 Tahoe. We dig the shit out of it. We just weren’t feeling the expedition.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                              My old boss had a tundra and that thing couldn’t make it to Austin without stopping for fuel. It had maybe a 20 gallon tank. Is the sequoia the same?
                              Are you driving to Austin or equal lengths daily?

I'm trying to wrap my head around where that would be a serious purchase decision deterrent.

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                              Any other vehicles you guys would recommend?
                              Proceeds to ignore all recommendations.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                                Are you driving to Austin or equal lengths daily?

I'm trying to wrap my head around where that would be a serious purchase decision deterrent.

Proceeds to ignore all recommendations.
                                I’m not driving it daily anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X