Best 300 blackout pistol upper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 300 blackout pistol upper

I’m building 300 blackout. I bought a digitrigger lower. So now I need an upper. I want a pistol upper that’s threaded for a suppressor. Anybody have any 1st hand experience on a good brand/model? TIA!

I've always just built my own... any reason you wouldn't go that route so you can select the parts you want?
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I am pretty sure the Digitrigger is just a Rock River lower with the trigger group installed. So most any quality pistol upper will work. They should all have standard thread pitch barrels that will accept a suppressor/adapter.

Personal preference ... I like and adjustable gas block. (it's easier to correct cycling issues) and a side charging upper. (it blows less gas in your face when running suppressed.)

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
        I've always just built my own... any reason you wouldn't go that route so you can select the parts you want?
        I’ve never built one before. I’m not opposed to it. I guess I just need to do some more research. Where would you go for the parts?

Comment

Originally posted by S_K View Post
          I am pretty sure the Digitrigger is just a Rock River lower with the trigger group installed. So most any quality pistol upper will work. They should all have standard thread pitch barrels that will accept a suppressor/adapter.

Personal preference ... I like and adjustable gas block. (it's easier to correct cycling issues) and a side charging upper. (it blows less gas in your face when running suppressed.)
          That’s exactly what the digi lower is. I think it’s going to be a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
            I’ve never built one before. I’m not opposed to it. I guess I just need to do some more research. Where would you go for the parts?
            Oh man, tons of options here... If you want local any gun show would have everything you "need" but maybe not what you want. You can also get everything you need from big places like Brownells.com or Midwayusa.com and they will sell just about everything. Red X Arms is also a budget friendly place that has pretty good quality stuff, I've bought from them numerous times.
            Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

if you don't have a pistol lower or registered sbr lower you might want to do a bit more research before buying/building the pistol upper

Comment

Originally posted by ryuu View Post
                if you don't have a pistol lower or registered sbr lower you might want to do a bit more research before buying/building the pistol upper
                Just make sure your lower is registered as a "firearm", not a rifle or pistol. Then you build either.

Comment

Brownells and i think PSA are coming out with some really interesting piston-system 300 blk uppers.

Comment

Originally posted by S_K View Post
                    Just make sure your lower is registered as a "firearm", not a rifle or pistol. Then you build either.
                    According to SWFA this is correct. I only bought a lower so I can do whatever I want with it. There’s three boxes on the atf paperwork.. pistol, rifle, or firearm part. My paperwork was filled out as a ‘part’. I will however have to remove the stock if I build a ‘pistol’.

I put the battery in the digi trigger and cut the damn wires when I pushed the battery down. Very easy to do. It sucks a fat one b/c now I’m typing this instead of slinging lead. I guess I’m going to have to send it back to get it fixed, if they won’t do it I can probably fix it myself.

I also bought 2 suppressors while I was picking up the lower. One for rifles up to .300 and one for my rimfire’s. Let the wait begin.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                      According to SWFA this is correct. I only bought a lower so I can do whatever I want with it. There’s three boxes on the atf paperwork.. pistol, rifle, or firearm part. My paperwork was filled out as a ‘part’. I will however have to remove the stock if I build a ‘pistol’.

I put the battery in the digi trigger and cut the damn wires when I pushed the battery down. Very easy to do. It sucks a fat one b/c now I’m typing this instead of slinging lead. I guess I’m going to have to send it back to get it fixed, if they won’t do it I can probably fix it myself.

I also bought 2 suppressors while I was picking up the lower. One for rifles up to .300 and one for my rimfire’s. Let the wait begin.
                      What they say is true.
                      I was leaning toward watch out for constructive intent, google 'constructive intent sbr'

Comment

Working...
                      X