$1,000-a-day miracle drug shocks U.S. health care system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
    Every facet of healthcare here is broken. From the doctors, insurance companies to the stupid government for getting involved. The big drug and insurance companies are at the root of the problem.......then comes our government, trying to unfuck all the dysfunction that has gotten so bad in the last decade.

Well guess what.....its worse.
    If you think they were trying to unfuck the dysfunction then you are amazingly wrong. The government started the dysfunction.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

My wife was on some God awful expensive medicine for a short while that wasn't covered by our insurance. We could not afford the US price, but we found out that it could be gotten much, much cheaper overseas.

The explanation for the higher charge for the US? Mostly because they can, and our higher costs helps with subsiding the government mandated lower costs elsewhere. We wound up getting it from the Netherlands-Antillies.

The high price has opened up an opportunity for someone to make some money; I expect that "invisible hand" of the market will come into play and this drug will eventually be sold in foreign countries and shipped to the US covertly at a much lower price.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        If you think they were trying to unfuck the dysfunction then you are amazingly wrong. The government started the dysfunction.
        Well, they are selling it that way. The greed started way before. Our elected leaders saw the potential, then the fucking started.

The government needs to stay out of the healthcare, period. They are not doctors.

I just had rotator cuff surgery, In at 6am out at 3pm. Total bill.......100,000

Now that is seriously fucked up. Granted, great doctors........but the price is way out of line.

Our healthcare system has been fucked for a long time now. No way else to say it.

Comment

Well, they are selling it that way. The greed started way before. Our elected leaders saw the potential, then the fucking started.

The government needs to stay out of the healthcare, period. They are not doctors.

Now that is seriously fucked up. Granted, great doctors........but the price is way out of line.

Our healthcare system has been fucked for a long time now. No way else to say it.
          Truth right there.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

The market will level itself out.

Comment

And the government just wanted to take a nice chunk of that money for themselves. Notice that Obamacare did absolutely nothing to change how medical care is priced or delivered. It just added another middleman.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

For Tricare Prime, my son's C section birth ran $25. On Tricare Standard (live further than 40 miles from a base and were kicked down to Standard Oct 1) for my son to have tubes in his ears, something that took 10 minutes to do for surgery and about 3 hours for the anesthesia to start and wear off, I had to pony up $1,400 up front before they'd talk to me.
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                X