No announcement yet.

So I just got fired after 13 years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got fired back in 93 from Nokia when their plant was off of Trinity and 360. They brought me in one day and sat me down, read me a clause in the company handbook stating that destroying company property was grounds for termination.

We would turn in all broken phone parts to the "scrap" bin, but they had to have a tag on them showing the reason they were scrap. I forgot what the issue was with a particular LCD screen so I smacked it on the table, cracked it, tagged it as such. Cracked LCD screen. The lady in charge told on me and it got me fired. I was a damn good tech and was indignant that they would trump up such a thing.

Then when I had some time to think about it, I was coming in high and half drunk, hitting on all the girls, and fucking the daughter of the same lady that told on me, in fact she came over one night and my buddy and I tagged teamed her and I told several people at work. On top of that, they thought I was stealing phones, which I wasn't - turned out to be a security guard doing it.

Bottom line was, they found something with grounds for termination that was a written rule and nailed me for it - but really it was about much more than that.

Most likely the same in your case. Learn from it and move on...

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post

Then when I had some time to think about it, I was coming in high and half drunk, hitting on all the girls, and fucking the daughter of the same lady that told on me, in fact she came over one night and my buddy and I tagged teamed her and I told several people at work.
      My nigga.....
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
        My nigga.....
        You invented the Nokia phone right?
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

I would not push it unless you really want the real reason that you were fired to be put on blast. You are going to have to use that place as a reference even though you were fired so I would not agitate them any further. Tuck your tail, keep rocking the shit out of that power donut on top of your head, and move on.
          Last edited by inline 6; 07-23-2015, 09:26 AM.

Comment

We've all done something stupid (more or less) and gotten canned. Thankfully mine was at a young age and frankly it improved my life drastically by getting me out of a undesirable situation. (top 3 worst jobs I've had)

Just stay on the 100% straight and narrow, take responsibility and don't blame anyone else - move on.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
              and too Aaron (Big A) Texas is a "Right-to-Work" State.

meaning, it's your right, but the state dont owe you shit. However I fought my last wrongful termination and recieved a pretty decent unemployment (the max), and enjoyed 6 months of wrenching on my truck. when that shit dried up i went back to the hall and put my name on the list.

Have you looked into any of the local unions?
              That's not 100% accurate. If his company has an employee handbook, they are essentially stepping in and telling the state "we'll let you get back to right-to-working in a minute, but first, we're going to step in and own the responsibility here". It bypasses the right to work provision because the company knows how to handle their own better. The company, at that point, HAS to follow their handbook, SOPs, and normal HR activities. If they step outside of those, they are down to get fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                That's not 100% accurate. If his company has an employee handbook, they are essentially stepping in and telling the state "we'll let you get back to right-to-working in a minute, but first, we're going to step in and own the responsibility here". It bypasses the right to work provision because the company knows how to handle their own better. The company, at that point, HAS to follow their handbook, SOPs, and normal HR activities. If they step outside of those, they are down to get fucked.
                Same with past practice becomes policy. If they allow others to use profanity, but fired you they are not following their practices. It is a lot harder to prove and may not be worth the fight.

I take back what I originally posted. If you fight too hard, you might find why they really fired you. Might let this be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

It takes a fucking act of god to get someone fired where I work. Some of the crap people get away with over and over and they're still there. These are marginally skilled employees at best that make pretty decent $$$$$$ for what they do. Hope this trend works for me someday should it present itself.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner View Post
                    It takes a fucking act of god to get someone fired where I work. Some of the crap people get away with over and over and they're still there. These are marginally skilled employees at best that make pretty decent $$$$$$ for what they do. Hope this trend works for me someday should it present itself.

Good luck!
                    Were I work, we call those people management.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      Were I work, we call those people management.

LOL That's me, but these are $20 an hour employees making $25 - $30 an hour and just come to work when they feel like it. Late, don't do their jobs, and fuck-off all day along. Takes 3 write-ups and even that's no guarantee of them being fired. They'll just run to H.R. and cry. H.R. usually folds and lets then keep their jobs.

Comment

LOL That's me, but these are $20 an hour employees making $25 - $30 an hour and just come to work when they feel like it. Late, don't do their jobs, and fuck-off all day along. Takes 3 write-ups and even that's no guarantee of them being fired. They'll just run to H.R. and cry. H.R. usually folds and lets then keep their jobs.
                        Shit, are you guys hiring??

Comment

yall hiring?
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

That's when you schedule them four hours a day from 0200-0600 in the morning on Saturday and Sunday only. The problem will work itself out pretty fast.

Comment

Damn, that's enough to score "good", almost "GOOD" on the 8MPG scale. Not quite hitting ruffdaddy's "good", however.
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                                Damn, that's enough to score "good", almost "GOOD" on the 8MPG scale. Not quite hitting ruffdaddy's "good", however.
                                Id take a pay cut to fuck off ALL day.

Comment

Working...
                                X