FedEX SUCKS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
    Man, don't get those thoughts in my head, lol.

Both the bank and Canon suggested I file a police report....am I missing something here because I don't see a valid "report" to be made. It wasn't stolen from my door step if it was never delivered. Sounds like they're just offering anything that would end the phone call with me and pass me on to someone else.

Who would I take to small claims court in a case like this?
    Fedex is not going to deal with you since you're not the paying party, you are not their customer, Canon is. You should direct everything through Canon.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      Fedex is not going to deal with you since you're not the paying party, you are not their customer, Canon is. You should direct everything through Canon.
      Especially if they are the ones that chose to have it delivered without signature..

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        Especially if they are the ones that chose to have it delivered without signature..
        Truth.

I can't speak for Canon/Fedex, but in the freight world, most companies are only liable for $0.50 per pound per package if there was no declared value.

Unless Canon makes it right and ships you another you, you're probably fucked.

Comment

I think we have the same fedex guy (im East of Anna) and he's a dick. He holds my stuff a day or two if he doesn't have anything out here.

Comment

Try spreading word on social media about your ordeal. Canon/fedex, I think, would rather pay than get blasted all over twitter, facebook, etc. There was a story on either fox4 or nbcdfw where a lady went to Z Gallery had a bad experience and blogged about it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
              Try spreading word on social media about your ordeal. Canon/fedex, I think, would rather pay than get blasted all over twitter, facebook, etc. There was a story on either fox4 or nbcdfw where a lady went to Z Gallery had a bad experience and blogged about it.
              Lol. Fedex isn't going to give a shit about that. You basically have three companies you can use for small pack...

Comment

Originally posted by DFWtechie View Post
                All fed ex drivers are contractors. Fed ex only owns the trailers. good luck with the claim
                What are you talking about?
                2006 Civic SI
                2009 Pilot
                1988 GT
                CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                  I just called my bank and got some bad news. Since FedEx already denied the claim and Canon is siding with them, they said that their claim with Visa/Canon would also be denied.

So I'm out of pocket $270 fucking dollars!!! I'm not even sure what else to do at this point. $270 freaking bucks....GONE!
                  File the dispute with the credit card company anyway. They will reverse the charge if there is no proof of delivery and you continue to tell them that you did not receive it.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
                    This is how I got a free 64 gun gun safe from Cannon.
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Both fedex and ups suck ass. I have never had fedex lie about a delivered package, but ups has done it several times. They always let me file a claim, go through all the steps of trying to find my shit, then refuse to talk to me and basically tell me to fuck off when I call the next day or two fo an udate and always want to talk to the shipping party who did not file the claim. Amazon, by the way, is awesome about refunds on shit that doesn't arrive which is why I shop there a lot. Ups amd fedex suck and will just tell you to get fucked. They don't give two shits that they failed to deliver your shit, won't talk to you about, or will just lie and say it was delivered. So Canon is your only hope in fetting this fixed and hopefully they don't suck as a company. Even with a debit card youe bank should temporarily refund the money and investigate it, but if they get the same story from canon it may be a temporary refund. Go after canon, dig up vp emails or higher and blast them on the facebook if you use that.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

This guy is in a similar predicament, not down to the "T", but he had something stolen soon after FedEx dropped it off.

G'Day Mate

Comment

Real world story of what happened:
                          1 driver stole it. Not likely or worth losing a job over $250 ( if the driver even knew what was in the package )
                          2 Was delivered and stolen by a hoodrat who saw it sitting on your porch
                          3 Was delivered and you want an extra one to sell on Craigslist

If it was on the truck it got tracked up to the time the driver delivered it to your door. Canon should have offered signature required. Since they didn't they should refund your money.

Lesson: Always request adult signature required or ship to your workplace. A good CCTV/DVR system works well also. Helps prove the driver was not there or who picked it up off your porch.

Comment

not really news but UPS is worse, they leave my stuff at wrong address, have said I signed when I didn't and best is left a firearm (AR) on my FFL's porch while he was home and didn't even knock.

Comment

Seriously, this is why I only use credit cards. You are federally protected. Amex will fuck a company, like Canon in this case, right in its skull over some bullshit like this.

Comment

Originally posted by chronical View Post
                                Seriously, this is why I only use credit cards. You are federally protected. Amex will fuck a company, like Canon in this case, right in its skull over some bullshit like this.
                                I called Visa and didn't get anywhere. They're response after explaining the situation was that since FedEx noted the shipment as "left on front porch" and it had a tracking #, they do not have any rights for a claim and Canon will deny them too. They said the only time they'd have a rightful claim is if they said it was delivered but it never had a tracking #. They also suggested we file a police report.

Originally posted by Stoner View Post
                                Real world story of what happened:
                                1 driver stole it. Not likely or worth losing a job over $250 ( if the driver even knew what was in the package )
                                2 Was delivered and stolen by a hoodrat who saw it sitting on your porch
                                3 Was delivered and you want an extra one to sell on Craigslist

If it was on the truck it got tracked up to the time the driver delivered it to your door. Canon should have offered signature required. Since they didn't they should refund your money.

Lesson: Always request adult signature required or ship to your workplace. A good CCTV/DVR system works well also. Helps prove the driver was not there or who picked it up off your porch.
                                I definitely can agree with what you're saying except that #2 is highly unlikely since we were home. The dog didn't even bark. He did not show up. #3, I'm not a baller by any means, but I'm definitely not hurting for $270. Nor am I a shady criminal looking to make a quick buck. I'm sure this is what Canon is thinking and I simply do not know what to do about it. #1, yeah I get that. It would be stupid to risk your job but most shady crooked people aren't the sharpest tool in the shed. As far as knowing what was in the package, it's safe to make an educated guess when you can clearly see a shipper name like "Canon". I finally got a call back from Canon...the escalation agent I spoke with was checking on my "options". They offered me a 50% discount towards another purchase....

And to answer a few other posts in here... We have learned that the Sherman hub does contract out home deliveries. The wife called FedEx and they offered her another option where they opened an "incident" with the local hub on the driver. They told her that the local hubs typically do not play around with situations like this. So I think our next recourse will be to go up there and see if we can get them to give the driver's name. At some point, we'll probably file a police report in Sherman, maybe Anna and see where it goes.

It's totally un-fucking-believable that a package can go missing(stolen) and all I can do is get fucked.

Comment

Working...
                                X