• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

• When you're a President, they let you do it.

Comment

• They're always trying to mess with Texas

https://texasscorecard.com/local/aft...n-battlefield/

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                      First and foremost this is not pussy ass cops, this is every bit of cops using their training in the united states. You tell someone to drop the gun, drop the gun, or you get shot generally the second you go to raise it or make a furtive movement. Assaulted by a deadly weapon? So I have to get stabbed first? Hit with a bat? I can disable anyone on this site with a golf club in one shot. So you let the guy take a swing, he connects, then he has your gun. We are not trained to take the first hit, nor should we, generally we are not walking around with a platoon of guys with rifles and top notch vests, armored up vehicles etc. Also a lot of guys in the shoots have military back grounds so that is a moot point. Not all are just wet behind the ear kids right out of high school or college. Have you ever been in a high stress situation with multiple people acting crazy and one pulls out a gun/knife? Not for the weak hearted for sure. I am a less force verbal judo type of guy but still work out and lift enough to go hands on if I need to. Hell, I have tazed, ineffectively one guy in my career and never used pepper spray. I have had to go hands on and really fight for an extended time only a handful of times and most I was not primary or they were running because they had warrants or done something bad, and I worked in a rough area for ten years now going on eighteen in this line of work. I have also been in a deadly force situation, but there was no doubt about it on that one. Not something to be taken lightly and I can still remember it like it was yesterday and it was a very long time ago. We do not go to work looking to shoot someone I can promise you that and most will never see it in their career and are lucky. If I had to really break it down and put my finger on one thing in LE that is the biggest shortfall of a lot of officers, it is empathy and the gift of gab. I can sweet talk almost anyone into cuffs, and when I go hands on I am talking it through with them. I will only put resisting on someone that just keeps fighting. I don't mind a little passive resistance or even a little tussle in the beginning. Hell I get it, people don't want to go to jail. Don't blame the cops though, for the most part it is the training, and behind the training is always a slew of events that led to the training being that way. In the past few years I can only count maybe a handful of really bad shoots. The rest were compliance issues and bad decisions by the suspect. There are also a couple of hand fulls where the cops pushed and shouldn't have and they may have been prevented with some distance and gab. But this is millions of contacts and the news cherry picking. If the news ran good encounters all day every day on every channel for years and just the one went bad every now and again no one would even raise an eye as long as the bad ones were dealt with. A bigger problem in this country right now is people/teachers/celebrities bashing cops and teaching kids cops are bad. Everyone of my citizens I chat with on a daily basis says the same thing and it is a very diverse crowd of grown ups. Again, almost always it is a reaction to non compliance. Do what your told and go home. If the cops wrong, own a piece of the city, but live to tell the tale.
                      There's a lot here. First I hardly believe anyone will own a piece of the city if they sue for false arrest. Ever tried to sue the government? It's an uphill battle unless you've just got them dead to rights for the most heinous offenses. That's the ones you've heard of. You taking me to jail for something I didn't do, for a dumb reason cause you're a cop dammit, or for some other mistake where I shouldn't have gone, won't result in me being compensated for shit.

The thing I never hear cops talk about, is how ruinous jail time is. Let's say I missed some extremely important event (to my life) cause some idiot decides it was time for me to go to jail, and it really wasn't time for me to go to jail. How will I be compensated? Where will the money come from, for the lawyer that will take the case to sue the city? And what if it's time sensitive? What if i needed to be compensated inside of 2 months, (or else) but nothing got resolved in the courts for 1.8 years? What then? No hair off of that cop's ass, he was "just doing his job".

Granted, I'll never defend these morons that fight and shoot cops to avoid jail. But I had to address the "just go to jail and then own a piece of the city if there was an error" comment. That is highly unlikely. I think any reasonable, thinking person knows that. What's much more likely, is that at best, you might get a "sorry" over the phone, when you're the one that calls in asking for it. What there needs to be, if there was some form of bad arrest, is a personal trip to the victim's house and an formal apology given by the arresting officer and his boss. Along with whatever reasonable compensation should be doled out by the city, in proportion with what was lost by the downtime.

Next, you'll never convince me that the military's ROE is good enough for those boys, but not for you. No way. The fact that many police officers are former military, helps my point. They should already be used to it, and they're trained to handle it. If it's all down to the training as your post says, then you should have no problem with cops being trained to handle that roe just as the military is. I know all these bad shoots in the media are actually good shoots, but these people wouldn't have a leg to stand on if it weren't for all the bad shoots. There just wouldn't be enough momentum. When that retarded woman broke into that guy's apartment and shot him... people remember that shit. What about the kid with a playstation controller that got shot cause the cop "thought he had a gun"?

Those cops should've taken the gun and put it in their mouth that day, before they left their house. The world would've been better served that way. Better that some jack boot eat it than some innocent person just going through their daily life. I've got no sympathy for 'em. None. But I'm fair, I've got zero sympathy for anyone who attacks police and gets killed. Fuck them too. There's a line you don't cross. On the other side lies death. I'm just a proponent of everyone facing death when they cross it, even cops. In fact, especially cops, and politicians. You're in a position of power, so you should be held to a higher standard. I think you are, for the most part, but when you're not it's a big injustice.
                      Last edited by Gasser64; 09-26-2020, 05:07 AM.
                      WH

Comment

• Gasser in the cases being discussed here, no innocent person lost their life. Your answer is less genuine because your rant is predicated on this fact. Stop perpetuating the lies being sold by the media.
                        Last edited by AnthonyS; 09-26-2020, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                            Could ya make it a little harder...

Comment

• Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                              Could ya make it a little harder...
                              lol, really.

Comment

• Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                                The bitch faced fatty?
                                Originally posted by racrguy
                                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                                Originally posted by racrguy
                                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X