Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
    Jose,
    Maybe something in 300 B.O. in a pistol and a brace. For under 150 yards a 220gr would be good. 8 1/2 barrel and a red-dot.

Some of the ammo experts can probably chime in on that. Or a used AK? 7.62x39 is a dam good up close (200yds) round.
    Subsonic 300 blackout is a poor choice for defense. I have a 8.5 sbr with suppressor I use for hunting. Suppressed subs are really cool at how quiet they are, but they do not expand except for a few specialized rounds designed for expanding at sub speeds. Shot a hog with it, bullet went in, hit the spine, then deflected back out. If the spine hadnt been hit he would have run off. 220 grain subs wouldnt even drop coons without a head or lung shot, just punches a .30 cal hole thru them and they would crawl off to bleed out. Supers expand and drop everything so far, cousin even got a deer with one. Subs are cool suppressed and I still use them on coons at our lease, but wouldn't use them on a game animal and don't think they would phase a meth head. If you went with a 300 use expanding supers meant for game. Also they are loud as fuck out of a 8 5 inch barrel so just be ready for that. But I love mine, it is my favorite rifle I own right now.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
      Subsonic 300 blackout is a poor choice for defense. I have a 8.5 sbr with suppressor I use for hunting. Suppressed subs are really cool at how quiet they are, but they do not expand except for a few specialized rounds designed for expanding at sub speeds. Shot a hog with it, bullet went in, hit the spine, then deflected back out. If the spine hadnt been hit he would have run off. 220 grain subs wouldnt even drop coons without a head or lung shot, just punches a .30 cal hole thru them and they would crawl off to bleed out. Supers expand and drop everything so far, cousin even got a deer with one. Subs are cool suppressed and I still use them on coons at our lease, but wouldn't use them on a game animal and don't think they would phase a meth head. If you went with a 300 use expanding supers meant for game. Also they are loud as fuck out of a 8 5 inch barrel so just be ready for that. But I love mine, it is my favorite rifle I own right now.
      Good information, thanks. I shoot mine mainly on hogs. Like you said, I use super and expanding and have never failed to drop one.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
        AR wouldn't be my first choice for home defense simply because I am not aware of any ammo that won't penetrate thru multiple layers of drywall, and I have a family. I can't remember the brand off the top of my head, but I have my 12 gauge loaded with the first three rounds a home defense ammo that is not supposed to penetrate drywall, and the next three buckshot in case the first three don't do it. Buckshot will penetrate, but it should be slowed down more than 5.56, in theory. Backup to that is a 9mm that my wife should grab, but all this is in a perfect plan, so in all likelyhood I would be using the 12 gauge and then the cops show up to collect a description or a body.

That being said, strapped to the door of the safe is my 5.56 AR and it has 55 grain ammo loaded in it. But is more of a "massive terrorist attack suitcase nukes in an American city holy fuck there are massive riots and panic" type of backup, so in all likelyhood that ammo will be rotated on range trips.
        I'm more like this. I have an M500 by the bed filled with the defense loads. It has 1 large ball and several pellets the size of #4 buck in each shell. I think it will work great for in the house. I keep a G17 by my bed loaded with gold dots and furnished with a tac light as well. There are other goodies elsewhere in the house, but that's what I use for home defense.

Comment

Couldn't think of a thread to post it to.

So tempted...

Comment

My favorite home defense weapon is a Mk19 chuckin 40 mike mikes all over the living room.

Comment

oh my. that there is something

Comment

G26 Hidden in the bathroom just in case something happens while showering or something. G40 next to my head while in bed. AR closet with 40rd pmag for zombie apocalypse.
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                  My favorite home defense weapon is a Mk19 chuckin 40 mike mikes all over the living room.
                  I like your style!
                  Originally posted by Marisa
                  we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                    Couldn't think of a thread to post it to.

So tempted...
                    Shoot Smart had an MPX for under $700 when they did their last member only rental fleet clearance event. Of course it was gone when I got there but I did pick up an LCRx for $280. Meaning I get my Kimber back from my wife!

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      Shoot Smart had an MPX for under $700 when they did their last member only rental fleet clearance event. Of course it was gone when I got there but I did pick up an LCRx for $280. Meaning I get my Kimber back from my wife!
                      Dayum! Great price on both. Was the LCRx a part of their rental fleet as well or just a good deal they had? Great gun and trigger. I have the LCR but have always wondered how much better it would have been DA/SA.

How did you find out about their clearance? I think I'm on their mailing list now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                        Dayum! Great price on both. Was the LCRx a part of their rental fleet as well or just a good deal they had? Great gun and trigger. I have the LCR but have always wondered how much better it would have been DA/SA.

How did you find out about their clearance? I think I'm on their mailing list now.
                        Mailing list. The Black Friday one went out today btw. Lots of Glocks but nothing that I really need.

The LCRx was part of the rental fleet but looks almost brand new still. I doubt too many people tried it out. I really like having an external hammer. Mine is the 38 special version btw, I see they have a .357 magnum now and that's just silly.

Comment

Hmmm, that Ruger SR1911 for $400.00 sounds like a nice deal. I've been wanting a .45 especially since I shot Jose's Kimber, but $400.00 sounds better than $800.00 and I'm not going to carry it, more of a range/home defense gun.
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            Hmmm, that Ruger SR1911 for $400.00 sounds like a nice deal. I've been wanting a .45 especially since I shot Jose's Kimber, but $400.00 sounds better than $800.00 and I'm not going to carry it, more of a range/home defense gun.
                            They just posted the Springfield 1911 A-1 on their FB page, also a pretty sweet deal. Assuming I remember and wake up on time I'll be there when they open.

Comment

It looks like I'll be making the drive to Benbrook on Black Friday morning...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                                Mailing list. The Black Friday one went out today btw. Lots of Glocks but nothing that I really need.

The LCRx was part of the rental fleet but looks almost brand new still. I doubt too many people tried it out. I really like having an external hammer. Mine is the 38 special version btw, I see they have a .357 magnum now and that's just silly.
                                Maybe I wasn't on their mailing list. Took care of that right now.

As far as the .357 Magnum version, that's what I have. I shoot a couple of cylinders of it when I think about it but not something I care to do regularly; it's pretty painful. My thought is the .357 Magnum will make up for loss velocity on a snubbie... but probably not worth it due to the pain factor. Either way, I like having my options.

Comment

Working...
                                X