CHL Renewal Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The King View Post
    When I was in a renewal (continuing education) class in July the instructor mentioned that not many applications are currently coming in to DPS since after 1 September attendance at a renewal class will no longer be required. Many of those who are ready to renew are waiting until then to do so, so turnaround times right now are relatively quick.
    That would probably explain it. I was surprised at the quick turn around.

Comment

Took the class on 7/27, mailed it in on 7/29, received it in the mail yesterday exactly 1 month later. Not bad and I'm legal again
      Last edited by Jose; 08-30-2013, 12:34 PM.

Comment

LOL! Just bringing this back up. God what a procrastinator I am. Last time I let a year lapse without renewing my license, can't believe I did that. This year, although I delayed it longer than I should have, I submitted my renewal last month (June 08) ahead of it expiring in September. Kept waiting to hear something back because I was worried about having to take the class, submit paperwork, and have to wait more time on my license; when low and behold I got my license in the mail. I was like WTF. I looked it up and didn't realize that a renewal class is no longer necessary. Nice!

Comment

Yeah, I haven't had to do a class the last 2 times. Nice!

Comment

It was pointless anyways. I just used it as an excuse to bring some ridiculous clownshoe of a gun to qualify with.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Just renewed my a couple months ago.. So nice, and a Veterans discount!!

Comment

Sucks that the price went down on my birthday (after I just renewed it) but it's a win for everybody.

Gun licenses will cost $40, down from $140, starting Sept. 1. The reduced fees will be the lowest in the nation and are expected to cost the state $58 million in revenue during the next five years. "No law-abiding Texan should be priced out of the ability to exercise their Second Amendment rights," Abbott said in a prepared statement after signing the law in May.

Comment

Working...
                X