No announcement yet.

What would you do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We ate at the Rib Crib in Sherman a couple of months ago and thought it was pretty good. We actually liked it better than Dicky's BBQ and a little better than Spring Creek.

Comment

I feel like service is getting worse everywhere. My wife and I like to eat out on the weekends when we can, and our regular haunts are slowly declining.

My wife's family had a bit of a tradition of going to Hooters in South Arlington for meet ups. Not sure what the draw was, but I dont have a problem with it. They have been pretty horrible lately. Three months ago, we went and were told that only two cooks showed up, 30 mins after we placed out order. The manager was very apologetic, the waitress was horrible about it. Im sure she saw a night of no tips. I sent a facebook message to corporate. Next visit, different managers, slow, cold food. Sent a follow up message. We were met by the new manager (that they transfered from the north store to south that week), she was letting us know that they were making changes, and it would be better.

Right then, a fight broke out at a table, and the kitchen staff came out to break it up, and then the police kept them outside for 45 mins. Needless to say, the manager came back to eat crow, and apologize again. We went saturday, and it seemed to be on an up-trend. Sucks to have issues like that, but it seems more common than not lately.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
        We ate at the Rib Crib in Sherman a couple of months ago and thought it was pretty good. We actually liked it better than Dicky's BBQ and a little better than Spring Creek.
        Better than Dickies? No guay
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
          The only negative review I have ever placed on yelp was for a restaurant, but I made sure to single out the manager for ignoring one simple request, along with the quality of the food which was pathetic. I made sure in the same review however to praise the server, who did nothing wrong.

People tend to leave negative online reviews much more often than they will put forth the effort to leave positive ones, so I always take any establishment's online rating with a grain of salt.
          We have had good service at this location in the past, and it was obvious that they were short staffed, most likely in the kitchen. A few of the other waiters/waitresses made sure to inform their tables that they were running behind and to bare with them, our waitress not so much. I had every intention of paying for my meal, even after I spoke with the manager. However, once I requested to speak with him, and then had to sit and wait for him and no one bothered to communicate that maybe he was busy, with other customers, etc, that was when we walked out. It wasn't until we were on the road that my wife told me the sandwiches were cold. I'm hesitant to leave a bad review for what may very well have been an isolated incident that was handled poorly.

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          ^^^
          haha!

I really have only had bad service at a few restaurants over the years and I just never went back and gave them any business.
          Though since going out to eat has gotten so expensive, I will send an email to corporate if I have a bad experience and not go back as well. Lately I had to send an email to Pollo Regio about the dirty ass McKinney location and the City health inspector was copied as well. I received a call from him later that day and they do have a problem at that location that he was going to address it the next day. He probably got a fire lit under his ass since I sent it to his boss.
          Taco Cabana got one for chinching out on their carne guisado tacos, i would expect some meat and not just a gravy smear on a tortilla, especially at almost $3.00 per. They at least offered a free meal, but that'e not why I did it. I still have not gone back to cash in and I'm not sure I will...
          Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
          I'd start a thread and bitch about it for a couple days. Maybe even write a strongly worded letter if I was feeling froggy.
          Thanks for that helpful insight. The main reason I started the thread was because I was starting to feel guilty for not paying for the meal and wanted to see if anyone else would have done the same. Given the consensus here, it passed quickly.

The price isn't as high as some of the other BBQ joints in town, and the service has been decent, which is why we have been a few times. I wouldn't hesitate to stop into one of their locations in a different place.

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          I feel like service is getting worse everywhere. My wife and I like to eat out on the weekends when we can, and our regular haunts are slowly declining.

My wife's family had a bit of a tradition of going to Hooters in South Arlington for meet ups. Not sure what the draw was, but I dont have a problem with it. They have been pretty horrible lately. Three months ago, we went and were told that only two cooks showed up, 30 mins after we placed out order. The manager was very apologetic, the waitress was horrible about it. Im sure she saw a night of no tips. I sent a facebook message to corporate. Next visit, different managers, slow, cold food. Sent a follow up message. We were met by the new manager (that they transfered from the north store to south that week), she was letting us know that they were making changes, and it would be better.

Right then, a fight broke out at a table, and the kitchen staff came out to break it up, and then the police kept them outside for 45 mins. Needless to say, the manager came back to eat crow, and apologize again. We went saturday, and it seemed to be on an up-trend. Sucks to have issues like that, but it seems more common than not lately.
          Anyone who has been to a restaurant in Greenville, on a regular basis, should be able to attest to this. Service in Greenville is SHIT. The quality of people out here is terrible, they all have shitty attitudes, feel as though because they are servers they deserve the tip, or something to that effect. It is the exception to the rule out here to get good service. I always go out of my way to commend it as well. We have had a few servers who have been just absolutely stellar, they are compensated quite well and I let them and their manager know. We opt to eat in Rockwall or towards McKinney/Allen if we are planning a night out or have the time to travel to eat out.
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post

People tend to leave negative online reviews much more often than they will put forth the effort to leave positive ones, so I always take any establishment's online rating with a grain of salt.

I'll leave one if I get an overly positive experience, which does happen from time to time. Those occasions where you have a really good time, I think deserve praise. It is hard to really gauge a review unless they really go into detail and are pretty articulate. Cause you've got people who are easy to please, and then you've got the whiners/self entitled where no service is ever going to be good enough.
            WH

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post

Anyone who has been to a restaurant in Greenville, on a regular basis, should be able to attest to this. Service in Greenville is SHIT. The quality of people out here is terrible, they all have shitty attitudes, feel as though because they are servers they deserve the tip, or something to that effect. It is the exception to the rule out here to get good service. I always go out of my way to commend it as well. We have had a few servers who have been just absolutely stellar, they are compensated quite well and I let them and their manager know. We opt to eat in Rockwall or towards McKinney/Allen if we are planning a night out or have the time to travel to eat out.
              Sounds like Gainesville. The labor pool sucks.
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Well, I mean when you it up against fierce competition like that...
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Springcreek BBQ brisket sandwiches are fucking terrible. It's like a bad sloppy joe.. which is already bad.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                    Sounds like Gainesville. The labor pool sucks.
                    This place is a cesspool of hate, bad attitudes, and lazy motherfuckers. I get a trip reading through Facebook when anything pertaining to the city is proposed/approved. We have just started growing over the last 2-3 years. These fuckers have bitched and moaned every step of the way. Fix the streets, we don't need more businesses. We need this, not that, etc. The don't comprehend how the system works, and that you need additional tax revenue to fix a lot of the infrastructure. People aren't/weren't moving to town because there was nothing here, no growth. No new people, no new taxes, at least not without a tax hike. You try to explain it to them, and all the do is piss and moan. I haven't looked into the metrics, but the average education level can't be very high.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Better than Dickies? No guay
                      Dickeys is overpriced and bottom of the barrel as far as BBQ goes these days.

Comment

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
                        Its at the bottom with Spring Creek.

Comment

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
                          It twas a joke
                          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

It twas a joke
                            Excellent

Comment

Probably not go back, but that's just me.
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                              X