Ecoboost Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jose View Post
    So a Toyota Corolla with a massive radiator can out tow all F150?
    Ha!
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
      I seen't it!

Comment

Weathertech's are installed in the first and second row. I had the front windows tinted to match the rest of the car this morning.

It'll get a quick wash in the morning and the full detail next weekend once all of my products arrive. I'm leaning towards a paint protection film on the back bumber cover instead of a rubber protector that only protects the top surface

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
          Unlikly. The transmission temp is normally the weak link in the chain. I am also talking about the tow rating as set by the manufacture. The diff can also overheat but that normally doesn't happen in a truck since they are typically equipped with a large diff in a large housing that dissipates a lot of heat on its own without an additional heat exchanger.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Well, we are almost 2 months and about 2200 miles into ownership. My concerns about the little 4 banger turbo have all been put to rest. Zero issue getting on the interstate, hell I'm usually doing damn near 90 merging into traffic and don't realize it. I haven't really gotten into it yet, I'm trying to allow for an adequate "break in" time.

The first couple of tanks of fuel we ran regular 87 octane and fuel mileage was just about what we got with our v6 edge High 18-19.0 mpg. I switched over to mid grade, 89 octane, and we started getting 20-21 mpg. The last two tanks I've put premium, 91 or 92 octane, in it. At last fill up the on board mpg display showed about 22 mpg, though this was a composite over the life of the vehicle, as I never reset the trip. I reset the trip on the last fill up and will hand calculate over the next few tanks to see what actual MPG are, and then figure the cost benefit, if any, to the increased MPG vs. increased fuel cost.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
              The first couple of tanks of fuel we ran regular 87 octane and fuel mileage was just about what we got with our v6 edge High 18-19.0 mpg. I switched over to mid grade, 89 octane, and we started getting 20-21 mpg. The last two tanks I've put premium, 91 or 92 octane, in it. At last fill up the on board mpg display showed about 22 mpg, though this was a composite over the life of the vehicle, as I never reset the trip. I reset the trip on the last fill up and will hand calculate over the next few tanks to see what actual MPG are, and then figure the cost benefit, if any, to the increased MPG vs. increased fuel cost.
              You could use the Fuelly app to help track that and you can include how much the cost of gas was at the time of fillup, along with notes for each fill-up. You enter the current odometer reading during each fill-up, so it will give you real world numbers.

The gas mileage in my '16 5.0 F150 went up as I put more miles on it and it seems to have finally plateaued at 20k miles. I now consistently get 18.0 mpg (hand calculated, 19.0 mpg on the display). I'm not sure if you will experience the same thing.

Comment

When do 2018s hit the lots? Wife wants one and no one has one.

Comment

Well, we are almost 2 months and about 2200 miles into ownership. My concerns about the little 4 banger turbo have all been put to rest. Zero issue getting on the interstate, hell I'm usually doing damn near 90 merging into traffic and don't realize it. I haven't really gotten into it yet, I'm trying to allow for an adequate "break in" time.

Just curious but have you smelled the oil from the dipstick and does it smell like fuel?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                    When do 2018s hit the lots? Wife wants one and no one has one.
                    You going to downgrade from the Expedition?

Comment

Just curious but have you smelled the oil from the dipstick and does it smell like fuel?
                      I haven't checked. Common issue?

Comment

You going to downgrade from the Expedition?
                        Don’t have an expedition....

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                          Don’t have an expedition....
                          Never mind, I'm confusing you with somebody else

Comment

I haven't checked. Common issue?

Ya, oil fuel dilution seems to be a pretty common thing with Ford's EcoBoost motors. Right now I'm just dealing with it by changing the oil out more frequently, like every 3K miles. Need to buy and install a separator eventually.

Comment

Ya, oil fuel dilution seems to be a pretty common thing with Ford's EcoBoost motors. Right now I'm just dealing with it by changing the oil out more frequently, like every 3K miles. Need to buy and install a separator eventually.
                              Maybe they have taken care of that problem, my wife's Ecoboost Stangs oil was just dirty and did not smell of fuel. It was low though, about a quart. I might have to buy an oil seportor anyway, just to be safe...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                                Maybe they have taken care of that problem, my wife's Ecoboost Stangs oil was just dirty and did not smell of fuel. It was low though, about a quart. I might have to buy an oil seportor anyway, just to be safe...
                                Mainly what I've read has been with the 3.5 EcoBoost motors but I also heard it was an issue with the design. A quart low? Seems like a lot. How many oil changes do you have on it now and how often are you changing?

Not knocking on the EcoBoost (to much). I love the power and as long as I stay at a reasonable speed I've found the gas mileage to be pretty good. This whole issue with the oil dilution though wonders how long my motor will last as I tend to keep my vehicles pretty long.

Comment

Working...
                                X