No announcement yet.

CHL Renewal Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I figured as much but thought I would ask.

Comment

So just an update. Expired CHL's have a year to do a renewal otherwise you have to get a new CHL.

So because I'm foreign born but a US Citizen I have to provide proof of citizenship. Common methods to provide proof would be a US passport or a naturalization card which I have neither. Technically I have a passport but it expired 15 years ago. So last Wednesday (7/24) I renewed my passport and had it expedited. Last Saturday (7/27) I did my CHL renewal and I mailed that in today (7/29). I also paid for my CHL background check (what they call the "big barcode") on 8/1 of last year so I was pressed for time.

Yes I'm a big procrastinator... So I talked with the CHL office in Austin and they said as long as I get the paperwork in on time I can email a copy of my passport when it comes in hopefully in a couple of weeks. God what a mess. Hopefully this will all go smoothly.

Comment

here is my timeline for my renewal.... in case anyone is wondering about wait times....

took class-5/18
        mailed to DPS- 5/21/13
        delivered to DPS- 5/23/13
        online status updated- 6/27/13
        manufacturing pending-7/18/13
        mailed back to me-7/22/13

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          here is my timeline for my renewal.... in case anyone is wondering about wait times....

took class-5/18
          mailed to DPS- 5/21/13

god bless.
          You shoot a bit better this time?
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            You shoot a bit better this time?
            yes i switched to my glock 22 from that shitty old HK and it made a world of difference.

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

took class-5/18
              mailed to DPS- 5/21/13

god bless.
              That's not to bad.

Comment

yes i switched to my glock 22 from that shitty old HK and it made a world of difference.
                lmfao!
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  lmfao!
                  Warez DOCHTR or however he spells it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                    So just an update. Expired CHL's have a year to do a renewal otherwise you have to get a new CHL.

So because I'm foreign born but a US Citizen I have to provide proof of citizenship. Common methods to provide proof would be a US passport or a naturalization card which I have neither. Technically I have a passport but it expired 15 years ago. So last Wednesday (7/24) I renewed my passport and had it expedited. Last Saturday (7/27) I did my CHL renewal and I mailed that in today (7/29). I also paid for my CHL background check (what they call the "big barcode") on 8/1 of last year so I was pressed for time.

Yes I'm a big procrastinator... So I talked with the CHL office in Austin and they said as long as I get the paperwork in on time I can email a copy of my passport when it comes in hopefully in a couple of weeks. God what a mess. Hopefully this will all go smoothly.
                    Just an update. Yesterday (8/3) I received my update passport in the mail, not bad at 10 days. Checked my status on my CHL and saw the following. Going to call them tomorrow to see about emailing them a copy of my passport and finish the processing of my CHL renewal. What a PITA

License Status: Application processed online. Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials. Once the application and materials have been received by Concealed Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page.

Comment

Finally got my Citizenship paperwork showing up online as received. Awaiting fingerprint and background check approval.

Comment

So if I'm reading this right, looks like my CHL is on the way to me now

Comment

yep, should have it in a week or so.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            yep, should have it in a week or so.
                            Cool! That was a pretty quick turnaround than.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                              Cool! That was a pretty quick turnaround than.
                              And that will be the last quick turnaround government ever gives you on anything gun related.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

When I was in a renewal (continuing education) class in July the instructor mentioned that not many applications are currently coming in to DPS since after 1 September attendance at a renewal class will no longer be required. Many of those who are ready to renew are waiting until then to do so, so turnaround times right now are relatively quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X