Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Shopping metal building contractors - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shopping metal building contractors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
    You guys that got spray foam insulation how thick did you go with it?
    1.5"
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

<---Jelly of the foam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Rreemo I can't tell from the pics. Did they bolt your I beams down or did they anchor a plate into the concrete to weld them to? I am wanting to build something like a 30x50 for a shop and section off a small portion for a reloading room ~15x30. I also need to be able to fit the lift in there too.
        92 LX 5.0

Comment

Rreemo I can't tell from the pics. Did they bolt your I beams down or did they anchor a plate into the concrete to weld them to? I am wanting to build something like a 30x50 for a shop and section off a small portion for a reloading room ~15x30. I also need to be able to fit the lift in there too.
          Mine was anchor plates then welded to it.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
            Work tables - Steel tables are what you want, if you can find them cheap enough. I got lucky and stumbled upon a company that was going out of business (they remanufactured automotive AC compressors), and scored these heavy steel tables on the cheap....

Cleaned them up and used my grinder with a heavy wire brush, then coated them with a product called Aluthane (also recommended by the epoxy guy above - he gave me a free sample). This stuff makes an amazing coating on anything steel...I've hammered, beaten, rebuilt a trans on one, slid engine blocks across, etc. and it's holding up perfect! Apparently this product got it's start coating grain silos up north. Very good stuff....

I picked up a couple of these tables too when they were closing down in Denton. Where can I find that coating? Mine are still dingy but would like to clean them up like you did. I used TR as well and they did the same thing with the purlin. I did 2-3" spray foam over the whole thing and then I framed it out and put old barnwood around the whole inside so its solid as can be now. From what I understand the extra purlin would of helped strength but now that I have it fixed up I'm not really missing out on anything.

Comment

Mine has anchor plates in the concrete that they welded the beams to. My shop is 30x50 also...it's a decent amount of space if you lay it out right. I can comfortably fit 4 cars inside with plenty of work area and still have my lounge area too. The lounge area takes up about another cars worth of space. I originally wanted to go 40x50 with the same layout (doors on the long wall), but it was going to limit trailer access to the backyard with the location of the shop. Relocating the shop to the other side of the lot would mean a lot more concrete and longer runs for electrical and such, so I decided to just cut the size down instead.

Originally posted by kpc01 View Post
              I picked up a couple of these tables too when they were closing down in Denton. Where can I find that coating? Mine are still dingy but would like to clean them up like you did. I used TR as well and they did the same thing with the purlin. I did 2-3" spray foam over the whole thing and then I framed it out and put old barnwood around the whole inside so its solid as can be now. From what I understand the extra purlin would of helped strength but now that I have it fixed up I'm not really missing out on anything.
              I got it from the same guy that I bought my floor epoxy from - http://www.epoxyproducts.com/ he actually gave me a quart free sample for buying all of the other stuff from him. You can find it at a lot of places online too, just do a search for "Aluthane Paint"

The stuff goes a long way too...I did all 3 of my tables (2 coats each), and still had some leftover that I gave to one of my buddies to do a couple of his tables.
              70' Chevelle RagTop
              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

I need to do the same with the stuff I picked up from the place in Denton.

Comment

Hey Rreemo, what did it cost you to spray foam?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
                    I didn't know doing it yourself was a viable option. Do you recommend a product or a link for more info on what you used?
                    I used sherwin williams armour seal 1000

A high-solids, heavy duty, two-component, catalyzed, polyamide epoxy coating formulated for demanding industrial requirements.
                    07 GT500
                    05 SRT10
                    88 turbocoupe T-bird
                    93 Cobra
                    86 coupe
                    Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                      Hey Rreemo, what did it cost you to spray foam?
                      It was $2100 for the foam job, which I didn't think was too bad at the time...I had my media room (ceiling and walls) done for $1700 about a year before, and there was a lot more prep for it. The shop is closed cell foam and the media room is open cell - you'll want closed cell on your shop. I think I mentioned it above, but I also highly recommend painting it soon after it's put in., it will darken and yellow pretty quick otherwise.
                      70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
                        I need to do the same with the stuff I picked up from the place in Denton.

Aren't those tables badass? I'm still stoked at how good of a deal those were! I remember seeing that one when I was there, and I thought about it because I liked the shelf for the storage bins underneath. I wish I had bought one of those racks for the bins like you got. He did end up giving me a few of those plastic containers with lids, and he also threw in a smaller rack that uses plastic parts containers, it attaches to one of the tables I bought, although I never did install it. I got one of those carts too....use the crap out of it. Pick yourself up some of that Aluthane....it's fairly cheap, real easy to work with, and holds up great.
                        70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Rreemo, who did your spray foam? TR quoted me 3800 to use their guy and the best deal I've been able to find so far is 3400. My building is 30x40 and I guess I got lucky because I got two rows of purlin.

Comment

I meant to update this thread with mine. I did the 40x60 (with the gable on the 60' side for added height). 1 - 10' door and 1 - 14' door (and a man door). I'm on my phone and I can't seem to load photos...I'll post some later. It's all foamed...TR did a great job. I wasn't all that happy with the concrete, but it's not a huge deal.

Comment

What did that run you?

How did y'all pay for your shops? Cash, builder-finance, home equity loan? I'm looking at all of my options right now. Cash seems to be the smart move, but I would be "shop poor" for quite a while before I could get money back in the bank. Do any builders offer financing?

Comment

I sold my 93 Cobra and my Harley and paid cash for mine.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                                X