Garage lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage lighting

Recommendations for 2 car garage? I finally got my garage cleaned up. Our plan is that one side will be hers, the other is mine. Mine currently has a 10' workbench, pegboard to hand tools, shelving and a 4 door 6' wide upper cabinet for storage.

Current lighting is a gimball fixture on a switch, the lights from the garage door opener (not switched), and a couple of small flourescent under cabinet lights.

I am planning to put up a flourescent fixture or two. I am wondering if I should replace the gumball with a flourescent oriented left to right, or do away with the gumball and do two fixtures oriented front to back on each side of the opener.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

I have 7 or 8 4' fluorescent fixtures with the daylight bulbs in them. No complaints at all, and I prefer the daylight color vs standard bulbs

Comment

I have 3 8ft ho strips in mine. I dont work in it though. Shop has 6 8fters and its plents bright. My brother is putting 4 8 ft strips plus 1 over the workbench.
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I put in 13 4' double bulb sets in my 3 car garage. 6 on one switch and 7 on another. They are cheap and you can do it yourself.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I've got 4 4' T8 lights in a normal size 2 car garage and it kinda sucks. I've been looking at recessed 2bulb 4' led's but its a little pricey right now.

Comment

I have 6 8' lights in my 3-car.
            07 GT500
            05 SRT10
            88 turbocoupe T-bird
            93 Cobra
            86 coupe
            Ducati 848

Comment

6 of these will take care of a 2 cars garage nicely. $40 each at Costco....

Comment

Those are 4 ft? How's the brightness?
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Easily twice as bright as a regular fluorescent fixture. I have 3 of them in a standard 2 car garage and it's plenty bright.

Comment

Damn, to bad Costco is 120mi away.

Comment

My barn (shop) has (8) 4' 4 bulb troffer lights. Great lighting.

Comment

i have one 4 ft strip right in the middle of my garage, it works nice.
                        I paid less than $20.00 at walmart.

Comment

I'm running 6 4' dual day lights in mine and it's plenty. I'd like to add 2-3 more by the door though.
                          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                            Damn, to bad Costco is 120mi away.
                            buy online, have it shipped.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Are those LED ones ^ surface mount or hanging? What's a good way to wire them up so that it doesn't look janky? I'm looking for something to brighten mine up nicely at the new house.

Comment

Working...
                              X