No announcement yet.

TRT. Who's on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intramuscular I would say upper thigh or butt. Make sure you look up proper placement as there are nerves and other things you DO NOT want to hit.

If Sub-Q, then basically anywhere you can pinch an inch. I typically rotate between thighs and butt. I prefer it to IM, the needles are so small you don't really even feel it.

I started for the first year doing IM, per my docs recommendation. As time went on (I have a very good doc who keeps up to date on current recommended practices) he suggested I try Sub-Q as it has been found it absorbs just fine and people tend to have even more stable levels at a 2x per week sub-q than IM. I have been doing the sub-Q ever sense and have never had any issues aside from small bruising every so often. You can even do shoulders if you like, but I do not have enough fat there and would hit muscle even with a short needle. Given all of my typical shoulder issues adding any soreness just adds insult to injury.
    1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
    TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
    Work In Progress

Comment

• First stick on my own was a 90% success. I didn't get the needle in there deep enough. I lost a little bit of oil. Next week will be easier. I absolutely hate getting stuck but this wasn't that bad.
      Last edited by KBScobravert; 10-24-2016, 10:51 AM.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• It gets "easier" but it gets old real quick too. What gauge needle are you using? Congrats on the success!

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
          It gets "easier" but it gets old real quick too. What gauge needle are you using? Congrats on the success!
          23ga and I am on .5ml (100mg/1ml) once a week. I am taking a DIM-plus as AI. Eating very clean and fasting from 1530-0730.
          Last edited by KBScobravert; 10-25-2016, 04:47 AM.

Comment

• 23? Holy crap! I use a 29x.75 in my thigh and after rubbing alcohol on it for 30 seconds, I can't even feel it go in. You do have to inject slower but I hated the 25g i was using, kept moving up to this. However I will say I'm slim and have no fat on my thighs.

Comment

• 29?! damn that must take forever, lol!

Comment

• 20 seconds, I draw with a 22g and change to 29g to inject. Easy cheesy!

Comment

• Something you might try. Niagen. Read some of the reviews, and some of the reviews of other brands on that same site and elsewhere. Do some research on it. Some people have a sort of "knock your socks off" results/experiences with it. The effects of the vitamin were discovered in 2013, so its somewhat newer. Apparently it greatly increases the efficiency of oxygen processing, in each individual cell. Some have reported "feeling like a god" on it, but you do have to sort of watch your dosage.

Then again, you may be too young. At your age, if this is not actually a problem, the pills will do nothing for you. (thats what happened to me) I think it mainly affects people about 45 and up, but that's just from reading reviews. I don't actually have any proof of that. I also draw that conclusion because some people have reported some anti aging qualities. Which makes sense, as oxygen is closely linked to aging. There's several brands out there, definitely check out the other reviews.
                  WH

Comment

• Labs came back after my first week on TRT and I finally got soneone on the phone, doc bumped me up to 200mg every 2 weeks. I'm breaking it down to 100mg/1ml a week.

Comment

• This is what the Dr sent in. I'm guessing I should do .5ml once a week and are these needle too big?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                        This is what the Dr sent in. I'm guessing I should do .5ml once a week and are these needle too big?

Where are you planning to inject? If the ass cheek should be fine, if somewhere like the thigh, don't go in all the way. For leg injections I use 1". The gauge is fine, it's what I use. I started off using 25 and it took forever to draw and dispense.
                        2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• Originally posted by R1psycho View Post
                          Where are you planning to inject? If the ass cheek should be fine, if somewhere like the thigh, don't go in all the way. For leg injections I use 1". The gauge is fine, it's what I use. I started off using 25 and it took forever to draw and dispense.
                          Kk. Going to attempt it in a bit.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• Went into the thigh 1inch. Kinda stung but wasn't too bad. I hate needles.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                              Went into the thigh 1inch. Kinda stung but wasn't too bad. I hate needles.

It gets easier. Make sure you rotate injection sites etc. I'm sure the dr explained it to you before hand. When hitting the legs, pay attention to make sure you aren't in a vein, blood will shoot into the barrel if you are. Going in an inch you should be good. You will have a soreness in a day or so from the muscle expanding.
                              2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• And his heart.. grew 3 sizes that day!
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X