Irrigation controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irrigation controls

This is more for those without irrigation systems.

I use digital timers for both of my flower beds. In the front, I need more zones, my set up currently has 2 zones, one is for my drip line for the foundation, and the other is for the flower beds, same in the back yard.

Now that my front yard is really thriving, I am running a sprinkler that covers about half of the front yard and I need to add a second for the side yard. I am running the sprinkler for the front yard manually every night and would rather this be automated so that I don't have to baby sit it, or possibly forget about it.

Is anyone running a wifi enabled controller? I've seen a couple that can be controlled by an app and have some provisions to adjust itself based on weather conditions. I'm wondering if it is worth the extra $100 bucks, or if I should just get a 4 zone digital controller.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

I need to do this, it takes a good 3 hours to water. I have to get up every 20 minutes to go move my sprinklers in the front and back, and that is if i remember! Hopefully someone can chime in on what they use.

Comment

I don't have a sprinkler system either. No wifi but I use this and it works great:

Just make sure you remove it in the winter..

Comment

Scrap all that shit and PM Junior. He's doing it full time now. Support a board member, they aren't that damn expensive!
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Scrap all that shit and PM Junior. He's doing it full time now. Support a board member, they aren't that damn expensive!
          I wish a full irrigation system was in my budget right now. I would love to set it and forget it, but I just can't swing it.
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            We had him come out, and definitely want to get them installed at some point, but it's not cheap either. Like a few grand at least. "Not that expensive" is a relative term and people have different priorities.

Comment

We just installed a Wink Hub 2 in our house as the central control for smart home tech. We followed with 8 Nest cameras, electronic deadbolts, a couple in-wall Wink relays, a few light bulbs and a few switches. All of this can be viewed and controlled from an app on my phone via internet.

That said, we are now looking to expand our Wink Hub' s capabilities to include irrigation. We've got 22 zones and most of the smart home enabled controllers only handle 8 or so, that i can find.

If you have 8 or fewer zones, I would highly suggest getting a Wink Hub to interface it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

If you had in ground irrigation, here is as system I would get. It is compatible with Wink.

I guess I missed it in my previous searches but it controls 16 zones.

16 Zone Smart Sprinkler Controller, 2nd Generation

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                X