No announcement yet.

Bought something stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure SVO has photos of hookers using his Barrett's as giant dildos.... he just doesn't want to share.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
      I'm sure SVO has photos of hookers using his Barrett's as giant dildos.... he just doesn't want to share.
      Not a chance of that. Other than arming my felon employees I am a responsible gun owner.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Get a 308 / 6.5 first then 338 later?
        I have been somewhat disappointed with my 6.5cm. If you already know how to shoot long distance go straight for the .338LM if your wallet will allow it.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
          I have been somewhat disappointed with my 6.5cm. If you already know how to shoot long distance go straight for the .338LM if your wallet will allow it.
          I'm thinking of starting with a savage 10 stealth in 308. By the time I have a few thousand rounds down the pipe and have worn out a few barrels, I will know what I want next. With a leupold lrt scope should be about 2k all in. Nice birthday / Christmas to myself. I need to get away from life and work more this next year and work on marksmanship.

Comment

I'm thinking of starting with a savage 10 stealth in 308. By the time I have a few thousand rounds down the pipe and have worn out a few barrels, I will know what I want next. With a leupold lrt scope should be about 2k all in. Nice birthday / Christmas to myself. I need to get away from life and work more this next year and work on marksmanship.
            It'll take way more than a few thousand rounds to cook a 308 barrel in a precision bolt gun.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

So let's say you wanted a long range bolt toy to play with... 308 I already have two 308 rifles. 6.5 creedmoor... everyone's new darling. But what if I avtually need to use long range skills someday? 338 lapua or 300 win mag? A little less expensive than 50 and almost as dangerous....

Get a 308 / 6.5 first then 338 later?
              308 / 6.5CM are both capable of reaching out there a long ways. I would get some training with a good instructor and learn the art of long range shooting. Once your skill level comes up, you will know what you want.
              I personally like Jason Garvey in Wolfe City http://www.precisionriflehunters.com/

Hopefully Dee will chime in with some more names.

Comment

Originally posted by garycrist View Post
                svauto-erotic855: After posting a pic, it would be claimed
                to be photoshopped by some. Then the dog pile of
                "I saw it somewhere too on XXXX site..

Just can't win....... Just cash in that big pile of their chips.
                The problem is that svo is a hyperbolistic Walter Mitty fellow. He is a legend of his own creation and throws out some randon, unsubstantiated bullshit.

Comment

Bad ass rifle.
                  WRX

Comment

The thing I did last month. Had to drive to the Allen Cabela's to get it. The FTW store, 4 miles from me, didn't have it.

Savage 10t-sr in 6.5creedmore.

Next is a Vortex Razor HD gen II 4.5-27x56 mrad turrets.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by S_K View Post
                      308 / 6.5CM are both capable of reaching out there a long ways. I would get some training with a good instructor and learn the art of long range shooting. Once your skill level comes up, you will know what you want.
                      I personally like Jason Garvey in Wolfe City http://www.precisionriflehunters.com/

Hopefully Dee will chime in with some more names.
                      Jason is a good guy and does a lot of classes. We've shot a few matches together and talk a bit in between.

Cory West at 317 Interdiction is solid too. Not sure if he has a webpage but has one on facebook. Dfw area

J. Ruby at North Texas Precision Rifles is another really good one. He's got a website and the facebook thing. Dfw area

Rick Reaves at White Wolf Traing up in Oklahoma is a great guy with years of experience.

Bobby Whittington at Badlands tactical just north of Wichita Falls is pretty well respected.

I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting too.
                      Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                      The thing I did last month. Had to drive to the Allen Cabela's to get it. The FTW store, 4 miles from me, didn't have it.

I could make you a decent deal on a gen 1 razor with rings and what not in mrad.
                      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post

Not a bad way to spend a few hundred $!
                        Glad to see you're not going cheap on the glass.

Scope is just as important, if not more so than the rifle you use.
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Sounds like the sensible thing to do is get a 308 and some training. It's gonna be a merry Christmas to me .

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                            We fired my cousin's Barrett Type 99 two weekends ago out at Lone Star Gun Club and were just fine.
                            That was your cousin? lol. I had no idea.

Originally posted by dee View Post
                            J. Ruby at North Texas Precision Rifles is another really good one. He's got a website and the facebook thing. Dfw area
                            I work with Josh.

That .50 cal was fun!

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                              That was your cousin? lol. I had no idea.

I work with Josh.

That .50 cal was fun!

Cousin in law, yes.

He has quite a few toys, didnt bring them all out this trip.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                                Not a bad way to spend a few hundred $!
                                Glad to see you're not going cheap on the glass.

Scope is just as important, if not more so than the rifle you use.
                                Yep. Paid around $580 after all discounts applied. For a heavy barrel already threaded, action, trigger, scope base and stock in a ready to fire magazine fed bolt gun from a reputable brand, $580 aint bad at all. I will eventually replace the stock but not in a hurry to do so yet. First is buy a scope and I put a $2,000 budget aside for it. I found that gen II Vortex for $2,039, the most I will spend for it. But Dee has a gen I with less magnification I may pick up just to get started. I can always pull it from the new bolt gun later and put it on one of my longer barrel ARs.
                                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                                X