No announcement yet.

A Ford Dealer is Selling the 650-hp F-150 Lightning that Ford Won’t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(insert humble brag here to keep up with thread theme)
    sigpic

Comment

I wonder at what point cars get so expensive that people stop buying them?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Forget the name of the dealer but there is a ford dealer in the Houston area that is a Roush dealer and is offereing same kind of thing. They are doing pretty much any mods you want to what ever vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          I wonder at what point cars get so expensive that people stop buying them?
          It's honestly there for me. I'll just drive a hail damaged 100K mile vehicle over considering a new payment on a depreciating asset. I'll probably stick with this thing until it quits on me because vehicles are so damn pricey.

They're packed with loads of features I don't care about but that require a several thousand dollar equipment package if you want to add something small.

If I were in sales or a customer facing role...i may care.

Comment

Been that way for me for a while now too. I just cant bring myself to pay new car prices. Thats why I roll old ass Toyotas.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              It's honestly there for me. I'll just drive a hail damaged 100K mile vehicle over considering a new payment on a depreciating asset. I'll probably stick with this thing until it quits on me because vehicles are so damn pricey.

They're packed with loads of features I don't care about but that require a several thousand dollar equipment package if you want to add something small.

If I were in sales or a customer facing role...i may care.
              I'm in a customer facing role and I quit even considering buying new a few years ago. I just keep my trucks clean.

Comment

I totally agree that some of these are getting out of hand, an $80k stock pickup is preposterous in my mind, but there are obviously folks out there that see the value in what it costs to buy a new rig. Other's love the thrill of owning a new sports car, jeep, etc, and get daily pleasure out of it.

We all waste money on shit just because we want the experience, vacation spend for example, is gone the moment you buy the tickets, and there are those that will refuse to travel because of it. Leasing is another good example, it's not about owning a car, it's about being able to justify the expense to drive a particular ride for a few years. Boats are another good example of damn fin "wastes of money."

Comment

No flareside, no care...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

whats wrong with it being a bare bones f150?

both the gen 1 and 2 were pretty much bare f150's

Comment

Personal preference.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I wonder how some 22 inch 04 L wheels would look on it?! regardless I like
                        Originally posted by Da Prez
                        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I'd like to see it go up against a modded 03-04 Lightning before laying down that kind of Skrilla.

You could buy a Lightning, strap on a KB and smoke that Roush truck and still save $25k.
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            I'd like to see it go up against a modded 03-04 Lightning before laying down that kind of Skrilla.

You could buy a Lightning, strap on a KB and smoke that Roush truck and still save $25k.
                            Yea, but you couldn't sync your phone to the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              Yea, but you couldn't sync your phone to the car.
                              Now that there's funny no matter who ye are!

Comment

Foxbody with mods, yadda, yadda, yadda... Apples and oranges imo, you can always build and older vehicle to be faster for cheaper, and it will still drive and smell like a 10+ year old vehicle, if that's your thing.

Nobody buys a truck like this because of the $$$ per HP.

Comment

Working...
                                X