Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know a body guy to get an estimate for repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know a body guy to get an estimate for repair?

A hummer decided to keep going when I had to stop at an intersection.

Any current members in the body biz?

Due to the age of the truck I might be OK with just fixing the rear light area and ditching the tailgate to use one of those fabric thingies.

It's paid off and it runs.... pic attached...
    Attached Files

I am. Hard to tell from the pictures but I can for sure see you need a new tail gate. Looks like some damage to the bed side and rear bumper. I’d be happy to take a look at it for you if you wanted to bring it to me. Might could work out a side deal action to save you some money. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tailgate is like $300-$400 I think, bumper and bumper brackets are cheap. Rangers don't take rear impacts well and the beds probably shifted. I'd get someone to look it over. Might need a yank/squeeze unless you ain't replacing the tailgate and need it to hinge: it's good!

Comment

Bring me $10 and a six pack and the tailgate in my garage is yours.
        It's white, but paint it black and you're good to go.
        Originally posted by Buzzo
        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Rick Modena, walk-ins welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
            Rick Modena, walk-ins welcome.
            He paints with beer now

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
              He paints with beer now
              Sometimes beer does that to me too. I paint the bowl, then flush it away.

Comment

Shaggin Waggon on here. He'll take good care of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                  Shaggin Waggon on here. He'll take good care of you.
                  Minus the awkward long stares during happy endings, the paint job was good.

Comment

Originally posted by Blandnuts View Post
                    Well yeah but a paint job is still a paint job.

Comment

Update:

I'm about to have the other dude's insurance company adjuster look at the truck.

Here's my worry... trade in value for the truck is like a whole 600-700 dollars which means they will probably want to total it out.

The truck runs perfectly, I know how to fix most issues with it and is a great beater car. If the dude's insurance company totals it out, will they submit a check and then want to take ownership of the car?

Is it possible to get the amount estimated for the damages, buy one of those cargo net gates and use the money for something it needs, like a brake job and flush?

If they will want the car by totaling it out they can keep the lousy $600 check...

Comment

Originally posted by Blandnuts View Post
                        Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                        Well yeah but a paint job is still a paint job.
                        How do you guys think I keep getting people to cum back?!

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                          Update:

I'm about to have the other dude's insurance company adjuster look at the truck.

Here's my worry... trade in value for the truck is like a whole 600-700 dollars which means they will probably want to total it out.

The truck runs perfectly, I know how to fix most issues with it and is a great beater car. If the dude's insurance company totals it out, will they submit a check and then want to take ownership of the car?

Is it possible to get the amount estimated for the damages, buy one of those cargo net gates and use the money for something it needs, like a brake job and flush?

If they will want the car by totaling it out they can keep the lousy $600 check...
                          They will total the truck. Here's a quick rundown of how it goes. They'll give you a 1000 dollars and take the truck to the yard. You tell them you want to retain the truck. They will give you $700 and you keep the truck. You then figure out how to fix it.

Comment

Cargo net and new brakes for the win...

(beats the crap out of having a car payment)

Let's see how it goes with the adjuster tomorrow.....

Comment

Working...
                            X