Tool boxes. Whats still good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool boxes. Whats still good

I stopped turning wrenches for a living 10 plus years ago. My craftsman has done me well, but its over full and shit wont fit. 36 inch box.

Ive always wanted a snap on 54 bottom, but looked them up and my how prices have doubled since 07 08.

I remeber guys liking the husky stuff, but like all things box store quality can change quickly.

I want a 54 inch bottom and maybe top, must be deep. I want to buy once.

Due to my location on earth there isnt much for the used market. I check from.time to time

used snap on. If CL listings for a used snap on are rare, hit up the local tool truck they always get trade ins
    2006 Civic SI
    2009 Pilot
    1988 GT
    CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

I have a husky and have zero complaints. My dad has a nice craftsman and he has no complaints. Snap on shit is so overrated and overpriced in my opinion.

Comment

I bought a new craftsman box a couple years back. First bex was damaged and it took almost 2 months to get the second box delivered after alot of bullshit with sears. I haven't been back since, but the box is working great

Comment

Hey Jason, it's acid. Off topic, but where at in Kansas do you live? You can shoot me a pm. Reason why I ask is because I've hauled hay 4 times out of Kansas so far.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
            used snap on. If CL listings for a used snap on are rare, hit up the local tool truck they always get trade ins
            came here to say the same.
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Homak Professional series from Northern Tool is very good.
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

As far as I can tell there are only a couple/few companies making them. Then just rebranded/dressed up to look different.

If you're just going to have it sit in the shop/garage - just find one that meets your dimensions/feature requirements and buy it.

Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, TSC, Lowes and HD all run good sales on their stuff. Costco/Sams usually have something to pick from as well.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

At work I use a Matco for my big box and a snap on for my roll around box. I got the snap on one for $1500 last year didn’t think that was a bad price for a box from them. Facebook market place has lots of boxes some under 1k. At home I use a cheap husky I got years ago and it’s fine great for just working on stuff at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My location rules out most used stuff. Ask they ask near new prices. Aka craigslist does not exist here. We do have a local classifieds.

Ill be speaking with the truck guys last as i hate walking on to them.

I knew alot of folks here liked the husky stuff for home use. Just wondering if the quality has degraded like craftsman etc.

I could fill up a 54 inch bottom easy and keep my craftsman for the spillover. Right now much of it is spill over.

Comment

I bought a 44" tool box from harbor freight a few years ago. At $350 it was cheaper than anything comparable at Lowe's or home depot and much cheaper than even used snap on boxes. It works great and I can't imagine that spending more money on a snap on branded box would net me any functional gains.

Here's a link to the one I bought
                      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

I picked up 2 harbor freights and built a work bench out of them. I needed more storage and a bench to work on

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                          I picked up 2 harbor freights and built a work bench out of them. I needed more storage and a bench to work on

Nice. And two were still cheaper than a snap on box
                          1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

I'd keep an eye out for a used snap-on box. Well worth effort to find a nice used one.

I can't wait to be done with turning wrenches for a living so I can bring my crap home.

Comment

The heavy duty boxes from US General that Harbor Freight sells are study boxes. I plan on buying one of these big boys in the near future. https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-s...net-61656.html And you can use the 30% a single item coupon to drop the price from $1099 to $799

"You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Working...
                              X