Advertising forum got a little smaller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
    I dont think the forums format is the reason places die. Many forums do just fine. Hell, texasbowhunter has thousands of posts a day.

To me, it feels like the car scene is dying. I could be wrong but I see less and less people working on cars and trying to build stuff.

and the reason I stopped paying for a membership was because the advertisements came in. WTF was I paying for? This spin off was because the Canadians came in with advertising.
    The car scene is very much alive. There's still many cars meets that still go on and plenty of car shows.

Comment

I dont think the forums format is the reason places die. Many forums do just fine. Hell, texasbowhunter has thousands of posts a day.

To me, it feels like the car scene is dying. I could be wrong but I see less and less people working on cars and trying to build stuff.

Yeah seems like all the people who I know that used to be into cars... aren't anymore. They own a truck along with either an SUV or a 4 door sedan. Once you've been there and done that for many years, hobbies do get old. And expensive. And you're not as crazy as you used to be so its no longer worth the risk to go out street racing, and and and...
      WH

Comment

You guys are lucky. I miss those Basswood and Arlington meets. Up here you can only play with cars for 4-1/2 months out of the year pretty much. I think this forums death is a collaboration of things. Some people lost interest, some people got family obligations, some people lost interest in cars in general, some people ___________.

Comment

Car culture has changed

if we are hurting for money https://coin-hive.com/ seems like an interesting move once they move a more recognizable ecurrency

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
            The random political picture thread is thriving...

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
              Can't SVO just support the site with an hour of his pay?
              Tyler can't hide that much cash from the IRS!

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
              I'm still here assfaces, but none of you tools have mustangs anymore so I had to make new fake friends.
              I still have one damnit!
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                A different perspective, man. That's it. The sky isn't falling, this format is dying. It's no ones fault. Obviously you can see that I'm still here, and probably for the same reason you are. I'd like it to go back to the way it was. Guess what?

Twenty-five people here trying to figure out how to get back ten more by advertising. I imagine this is what it felt like in the boardroom of the last days of the companies mentioned above.
                People who say this format is dying are premature. They have to think that because they spend all their time on Facebook and are looking to justify it. It is no different than the people who say retail is dying because of Amazon. That is all science fiction sold by the snake oil pitchmen in Silicon Valley.

Facebook sucks ass in a lot of ways. You log on there and you get slapped across the face with everything everyone you know is doing. It is information overload and unless you value the worthless opinions of your friends' friends, most of whom are total dumbfucks, then it gets old. For car groups in particular it is terrible, there is always some dumbshit with terrible advice and because of the instant gratification nature of the format, any debate gets cluttered with mindless bullshit from idiots or melts away into oblivion in a matter of hours. Think about it, when is the last time any one of you guys went back to a Facebook post from a month ago and added anything to it? The format is not geared towards that sort of long term interaction.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Please post up the VIP info

Comment

I'm just here to fuck bitches and read content.

Comment

I'll buy a VIP.

Comment

To me, it feels like the car scene is dying. I could be wrong but I see less and less people working on cars and trying to build
                        I've only seen it grow. It's not a bunch of f-bodies and foxes + 5k anymore, but it's strong imo. Plus, this places is about 99.99% not about mustangs. Still set as my home page though lol
                        Originally posted by Buzzo
                        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Honestly one of the best things about this website is that all of us respect free speech. We can argue, discuss things openly, share different views, get angry, insult each other, and move on after. It's very much unlike social media and universities today. Open forums are the last bastion of the 1st amendment. The rest of society is too scared to participate in open discussion and free thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny c View Post
                              Please post up the VIP info
                              Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              I'll buy a VIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                                I'm just here to fuck bitches and read content.
                                LOL, there aren't any. I don't think the format is dying so to speak. We've had new members join and then get treated like shit. This place is suppose to be a brotherhood but instead we have people acting like groupies. Don't get me wrong, I have thick skin and can easily not give a shit if someone gives me hell but some of y'all get pretty brutal on the nooobs. Or, as mentioned before, it could be that at some point, most of us out grow the mustang and end up in SUV's or sedans and really only come here for the banter. Or, I wonder if lack of advertising has something to do with it? Someone mentioned decals and such, I remember those days. I don't know, it could be a number of things.
                                Last edited by GeorgeG.; 09-20-2017, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X