DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Television, Movies, and Music Forum

Television, Movies, and Music Forum Want to talk about a show or movie you watched last night or a song or band you heard on the radio? Post it here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 01:22 AM   #41
idrivea4banger
My name is Carlos
 
idrivea4banger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Protecting the streets of Juarez
Posts: 20,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Try to not be an idiot for once. You and Aaron should go play patty cake together. According to Aaron, Game of Thrones = Oprah. Nevermind that neither of you have taken 30 seconds to figure out what it's about. It's natural to hate what you don't understand... Just keep it to yourself.
I guess humor doesn't work here. Not really hating. Just seeing trying to compare this show to something I know. It's not on Netflix so I can't really judge it. But from the way yall talk about it, it seems like it has potential like Sparticus. Don't make me get Steve to armbar you while he eats a super-donut!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamLX View Post
If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojohnny View Post
Because fuck you, that's why
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80coupe View Post
nice dick, Idrivea4banger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Modena View Post
......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.
idrivea4banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:46 AM   #42
YALE
Lifer
VIP Member
 
YALE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Qin
Posts: 30,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivea4banger View Post
I guess humor doesn't work here. Not really hating. Just seeing trying to compare this show to something I know. It's not on Netflix so I can't really judge it. But from the way yall talk about it, it seems like it has potential like Sparticus. Don't make me get Steve to armbar you while he eats a super-donut!!
It's just good drama, and it's good fantasy. You can try and armbar us, but know this: we'll just sling-shot you with a twelve sided die in the forehead before you get close. Then you'll have a little backwards-number scar in the middle of a pentagon. It'll confuse everybody!!!!!!1
__________________
ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh
YALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:54 AM   #43
idrivea4banger
My name is Carlos
 
idrivea4banger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Protecting the streets of Juarez
Posts: 20,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
It's just good drama, and it's good fantasy. You can try and armbar us, but know this: we'll just sling-shot you with a twelve sided die in the forehead before you get close. Then you'll have a little backwards-number scar in the middle of a pentagon. It'll confuse everybody!!!!!!1
I'll have to check it out. And with that, I'm out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamLX View Post
If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojohnny View Post
Because fuck you, that's why
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80coupe View Post
nice dick, Idrivea4banger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Modena View Post
......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.
idrivea4banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #44
hotrod66stang
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,249
Default

Pretty awesome series so far. Can't wait to see what happens next since seeing the twist at very end of the last episode. Gonna have to record the episode tomorrow while the game is on.
hotrod66stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:15 AM   #45
YALE
Lifer
VIP Member
 
YALE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Qin
Posts: 30,325
Default

I guess this week's episode is just a further winding up of events set in motion by last week's shenanigans. It was crazy again!
__________________
ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh
YALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:47 AM   #46
jdgregory84
Uncommonly Smooth
 
jdgregory84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buda
Posts: 27,729
Default

I enjoyed the shit out of this weeks episode. I can't wait to find out what happened to the little Stark girl. Sucks that her teacher was apparently killed. Why the fuck didn't he pick up one of the swords from the soldiers he downed instead of use his stick to fight off the captain?
__________________
"Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson
jdgregory84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:09 AM   #47
YALE
Lifer
VIP Member
 
YALE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Qin
Posts: 30,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgregory84 View Post
I enjoyed the shit out of this weeks episode. I can't wait to find out what happened to the little Stark girl. Sucks that her teacher was apparently killed. Why the fuck didn't he pick up one of the swords from the soldiers he downed instead of use his stick to fight off the captain?
I think he knew he was dead either way. He just wanted to make things interesting.
__________________
ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh
YALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #48
hotrod66stang
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgregory84 View Post
I enjoyed the shit out of this weeks episode. I can't wait to find out what happened to the little Stark girl. Sucks that her teacher was apparently killed. Why the fuck didn't he pick up one of the swords from the soldiers he downed instead of use his stick to fight off the captain?
I honestly don't think he's dead. Maybe I'm being a nerd and thinking too much into it, but he fought all those guys off with a wooden training sword. The biggest guy hangs back, then steps up when everyone else is defeated. He breaks the sword as they fight. Stark daughter runs off. She's in the hallway and turns around, when in the background you can hear yelling and a METAL sword hit the floor.

I'll have to watch it again to make sure that's accurate, but I think that's how it went down. Pretty good series so far. Now there's even more plotting to think about that was subtly mentioned in this episode. (Think the two baddest "armies" around)
hotrod66stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:44 AM   #49
noshine4mine
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 279
Default

Armored versus unarmored.
The first group is regular Lanister Household guards. The Final fighter was one of the king's guard (Must posess prowess to wear the white cloak).


Your theory maybe correct...the books series is not finished yet.

Personally I was left with the impression he was dead... but left this world in a blaze of glory. I love that scene...." You will be speaking to me with more respect I think"
noshine4mine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #50
roliath
The Great Antonius
 
roliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 9,866
Default

This last episode was WOW..

roliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:33 PM   #51
jdgregory84
Uncommonly Smooth
 
jdgregory84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buda
Posts: 27,729
Default

Still can't believe what went down last night. I'm guessing Jamie Lannister won't be around much longer.
__________________
"Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson
jdgregory84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #52
GADDIS
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,147
Default

Well, at least 10 years from now. We wont be watching Ed Stark sitting in a tavern, with the bastard and lady stark. Waiting and watching the door for the youngest daughter to walk in, then everything going black.

I can only imagine the crap storm that follows, last weeks episode. At this point it will be a while before i read the books. I like not knowing whats going to happen. Kudos to hbo. Nothing like pulling you it to a character. The lopping their head off in front of ya.
GADDIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:29 PM   #53
roliath
The Great Antonius
 
roliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 9,866
Default

Well so far the events in season 1 seem to go in line with all of book 1. So if they keep this up, season 2 = book 2 etc...

After next Sunday, i'm gonna read the first book and wait for the second season.
roliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:18 AM   #54
KOZMO
Lifer
 
KOZMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,880
Default

best show ever
__________________
KOZMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #55
YALE
Lifer
VIP Member
 
YALE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Qin
Posts: 30,325
Default

It's official: season 2 starts shooting 7/25 in Belfast.
__________________
ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh
YALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #56
BLAKE
Lifer
 
BLAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 23,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roliath View Post
This last episode was WOW..
Awesome picture! I totally agree. That guy is acting the shit out of a really cool character.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgregory84 View Post
Still can't believe what went down last night. I'm guessing Jamie Lannister won't be around much longer.
I hope you're right, which is why I think he'll live for quite a while longer. I'd love for him to get killed, but that seems like too easy a conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roliath View Post
Well so far the events in season 1 seem to go in line with all of book 1. So if they keep this up, season 2 = book 2 etc...

After next Sunday, i'm gonna read the first book and wait for the second season.
Same here. It'll be fun to fill in all the details in the off season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
It's official: season 2 starts shooting 7/25 in Belfast.
Yaaay!

I'm tired of waiting already.
BLAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:25 PM   #57
jdgregory84
Uncommonly Smooth
 
jdgregory84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buda
Posts: 27,729
Default

Goddammit, it's over...for now.
__________________
"Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson
jdgregory84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:01 AM   #58
YALE
Lifer
VIP Member
 
YALE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Qin
Posts: 30,325
Default

Dude, this series is fucking CRACK!
__________________
ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh
YALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:01 AM   #59
noshine4mine
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 279
Default

How are you not going to watch season 2 with an ending like that?


all the books are good the fourth is a litle out of phase, but number 5 (Dance with Dragons) is coming out soon.

Last edited by noshine4mine; 06-20-2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: took out spoiler
noshine4mine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:44 AM   #60
roliath
The Great Antonius
 
roliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 9,866
Default

I FUCKING NEW IT

WOW


They need to hurry it up with S2.
roliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
game of drones, game of moans, svo has direwolf, svo was faceless man, yale fapped to c jenner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:43 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.