07 SV 650 or 03 Honda Shadow 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 SV 650 or 03 Honda Shadow 750

I know there both totally different motorcycles. but I'm pretty torn between the two on which to buy. i'm going to have to admit this will be my first bike ever, and i have little to none riding experience. im also 6'2 235pds athletic build. if you guys can give me your opinion what would be your decision on which out of the the two to go with i would really appreciate it.

I had an 05 shadow 750 and loved it! Was not fast by any means, but would average 60 mpg, and was very comfortable to ride.

Comment

i would go sv650 or sv1000 if you can. you a pretty big boy.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by RJDCobra View Post
        I know there both totally different motorcycles. but I'm pretty torn between the two on which to buy. i'm going to have to admit this will be my first bike ever, and i have little to none riding experience. im also 6'2 235pds athletic build. if you guys can give me your opinion what would be your decision on which out of the the two to go with i would really appreciate it.
        Did you end up getting one? I'm looking at picking up my first one this month and i'm looking at sv 650s. I'm actually about the same size too.

Comment

Stretched swingarm ZX14r or Hayabusa.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
            Stretched swingarm ZX14r or Hayabusa.
            Pffft. 1199 panigale or go home.
            -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewmadbro? View Post
              Did you end up getting one? I'm looking at picking up my first one this month and i'm looking at sv 650s. I'm actually about the same size too.
              Yes I ended up getting a 2007 Sv650 Blue naked with 6kmiles on it.. (i just love the standard/naked styling's) but i am very ashamed to come on here and admit the night i took it home, i drove it about 500yards and then let my friend(very stupid move i know) drive it and he put it into a wall. causing bent forks and alot of cosmetic damage. all my parts are coming tonight in the mail. about $1100 worth. should be ready to go back on the road in about a week.

Comment

If it's not too late, now would be a perfect time to upgrade the forks on the bike! A lot of guys go with GSXR front ends for the upgraded suspension, but more importantly an upgrade to radial brakes. Something to think about if it's not too late. GSXR front ends are all over ebay and other boards.

Comment

it is to late for the GSXr fork swap, I literally bought a used front end off a 2006 SV650S(less than 24hours after crash) with forks,clip ons, front calipers, steering stem, braided steel brake line hoses and fender off ebay for $420 delivered. I'm only going to use the forks and brake line hose.
                  I did how ever read up on the GSXR swaps, maybe in the future. but for right now im just wanting my back to how it was when I bought it. I did how ever buy new fork springs from racetech made for my weight and will be using 20wt fork oil when going back together with it. the sv650 forum says thats the cheapest way to make the factory forks better.

Comment

Originally posted by RJDCobra View Post
                    Yes I ended up getting a 2007 Sv650 Blue naked with 6kmiles on it.. (i just love the standard/naked styling's) but i am very ashamed to come on here and admit the night i took it home, i drove it about 500yards and then let my friend(very stupid move i know) drive it and he put it into a wall. causing bent forks and alot of cosmetic damage. all my parts are coming tonight in the mail. about $1100 worth. should be ready to go back on the road in about a week.
                    Ain't that a bitch!

Comment

Working...
                    X