06 cbr1000rr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 cbr1000rr

Guy wants to trade my fourwheeler for a 2006 CBR1000.
    It has 14,xxx miles on it, full stunt cage(dont care about that it would come off)
    New tires
    The plastics are cracked on one side.
    The paint job is super gay, but I have a painter so that would not be a issue.
    Biggest question that makes me think walk away, he says it has a salvage title from wrecking. Said they totalled it becasue it cracked the plastic and scratched the frame. Sounds kinda fishy, but I am tired of spending $400 in fuel and this is a straight trade.
    What are your thoughts?
    I have had bikes in the past always loved Honda but the title thing kinda makes me want to walk away.

thank you,
    Greg

if your 4 wheeler sucks balls then maybe.
    To me though that bike sounds like it's worth 2K TOPS, MAX
    but hey that might be fine if i knew what kinda 4 wheeler it was / condition
    not trying to be insulting, just realistic. Cause that bike needs work and may be a PITA if there are ANY other mechanical problems

Comment

It is a 2006 LTZ 400, nerf bars, dyna jet kit, yoshi exhaust.
      No insult sir, I knew I was leaving something out.
      If that's all his bike is worth then I am out.

Comment

Here is a pic, Like i said the paint can be handled, but 14k miles plus the title have me thinking it worth be worth shit if I decide to get rid of it.
        He has the plastics
        Last edited by silverranger; 11-15-2012, 10:04 AM.

Comment

2 wheels > 4...if it's in decent condition, do it. i'd trade a quad for a litre bike anyday imo

Comment

14k miles of stunting and riding like it like a rented mule has probalby ragged that fucking bike out. It can get totaled for frame scrapes and busted plastic as they will write the frame off as "damaged" since they may not be able to see whats wrong with the frame (small cracks or what not).

Honestly I'd sell the 4 wheeler and then turn around and spend the money on a good used standard or something.

Get an insurance quote as sportbikes tend to be pricey to insure, also generally the money you "save" on fuel you wind up spending on tires, chians, ect.

2004 Suzuki DL650
            1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
              14k miles of stunting and riding like it like a rented mule has probalby ragged that fucking bike out. It can get totaled for frame scrapes and busted plastic as they will write the frame off as "damaged" since they may not be able to see whats wrong with the frame (small cracks or what not).

Honestly I'd sell the 4 wheeler and then turn around and spend the money on a good used standard or something.

Get an insurance quote as sportbikes tend to be pricey to insure, also generally the money you "save" on fuel you wind up spending on tires, chians, ect.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/3310200910.html
              +1 on the insurance. Unless you can get cheap full coverage, cause its alot of work to keep it from being stolen. Yes small scratches can be lead to salvage title. I would make sure title match frame vin and that the frame is not bent. Also since its a stunt bike, check for bent forks, leaky forks, bigger sprokets, front and rear brakes are there and connected, frame neck is not bent, alignment is incheck, what else......

Comment

I really just wouldn't touch a stunt bike with someone else's 10 foot pole. You have a 4 wheeler you know runs and is in solid shape. I wouldn't do a straight trade for a questionable bike.
                2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

I hear you guys.
                  I am going to go look at it, told the guy my issues.
                  He was like come out ride it, check it out.
                  Insurance is cheap.
                  I understand the cost of owning one but if it is cheaper than what I am spending it is worth a shot.

Comment

Is this a first bike?

Sent from my iPhone
                    2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

For me no sir

Comment

14k miles is nothing. My R1 has 51k miles on it. The salvage title can be a problem, but as long as its fixed right, I wouldn't be worried. Check it out, check the fork seals and the subframe, stunting on it is hard on parts like that. If everything checks out, even stunt bikes go for around $3500 if they aren't thoroughly trashed.

Comment

Nothing wrong with buying a clapped out stunter if you know what you are looking for and get a good price. I would have more issues with the title.
                          Ded

Comment

Anyone wanna go with me I will buy beer and food Haha.

Comment

If I was home I would.
                              2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Working...
                              X