07 zx6r idles down slowly after throttle blip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 zx6r idles down slowly after throttle blip

just wondering if anyone has had experience with this before.

bike came with a stupid GP style shorty exhaust on it. i swapped back to the stock undertail exhaust (with exhaust servo hooked up) and now it's got a "floating" idle if i blip the throttle from idle. it will eventually drop down to the normal idle, but only after floating at 3-4k for 1-2 seconds.

air leak? ECM needs reset?

i also did the european map "jumper mod".. could this have something to do with it?

TIA

is the throttle cable sticking maybe,

Comment

vacuum leak possibly. does it have pc?

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
        vacuum leak possibly. does it have pc?
        Didn't see one when i had the seat off. the 07 has the ecm on the right side fairing (derp) and i didn't see any pigtails that would lead me to believe one was installed. i'll double check tonight.

lincolnboy i verified the cable/tb's are returning to closed with the grip.

Comment

i dont know what the jumper mod is, but maybe try reversing it to see if your problem still exists. did the bike idle high with the other pipe?

ive had bikes idle high due to vacuum leaks, usually due to half assed PAIR deletes, etc... i'd start there.

Comment

i only rode it home with the other pipe on it, then took it apart and did all the changes. i'll pull the jumper out as a first step, then start looking into vac leaks. it's going to the dealer tomorrow for fork seals and tires anyways, if i have to i'll just pay them to fix it - as much as that pains me to do.

Comment

oh god stay away from a dealer if you are considering needing tools to be used on your motorcycle. More than likely, somebody got the bright idea to synch the throttle bodies, even though they are set at the factory and it is not a wear adjustment item. I have a set of 07-08 throttle bodies that haven't been jacked with if you wanna try them. Also......go after the brown wire at the tps with a volt meter, ignition on, not running 1.04-1.07 volts.
              pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Cool thanks grape, I have the tank and upper air box already off. I'll check tps voltage and also ohm out my coil sticks, might be a good time to change plugs too.

Comment

Found a pretty nasty (and stock?) Air filter in the airbox. Bike has 16.9k miles

Comment

that is pretty filthy, i'd stick with an oem filter though.

Comment

Yeah I'm trying to get everything together before weds as me and Matt (ntexasvstar) are meeting at deal's gap for a ride. Hopefully the dealer has one on hand. Also needing a brake lever but nobody local has one

Comment

you try the local scrap bike yards.

Comment

IWe don't have anything like that out here, and the dealership checked their scrap pile with no luck

Comment

Hey grape, I found a disconnected vacuum line between the 3-4 cyls when I was changing the plugs earlier. Think that could be the culprit?

Comment

arent those the lines to sync the throttle bodies? bet that was your problem

Comment

Working...
                              X