Mi Dia From Scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mi Dia From Scratch

On Main Street in Grapevine, next to Bob's Steak & Chop and Winewood Grill. They will be open next week.

VERY nice Patio, since that weather will be here soon. They have a "tequila tower" with over 100 different 100% agave tequilas. They have a couple of tex mex items, but the menu is centered around authentic Mexico City cuisine. These guys did extensive recipe testing and menu development in my test kitchen, so I've had nearly everything on the menu. I have been craving this stuff since they stopped the development, and was able to go to the soft opening this week. I really can't stress how good the food is. I have no idea on price point, but if I had to guess, I'd say $14-25 per plate price range, depending on what you order. A little pricey, but not terrible, and definitely well worth it. Anything grilled, is prepared on a wood burning mesquite charbroiler, so the mesquite flavors it nicely.

These aren't the correct names on the menu, but here are some of my favorites.

Sea Bass Ceviche (app)
    Pork Belly tacos al pastor
    Quail

The margaritas are great, and I hear the specialty drinks are awesome as well. The Chef really can do amazing things with food. This is not a chain, so you can feel good about supporting your local business man as well.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

You've been talking it up. I've been waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      You've been talking it up. I've been waiting.
      Yeah, they got delayed due to a large curved glass window. Window guy wouldn't put it in until the foundation had settled.

Comment

You have not steered me wrong yet. I guess I could go by and hit Jimmy in the head with my cock while im in Grapevine and then go get me some Grilled Quail and a shot of Herradura Silver...
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          You have not steered me wrong yet. I guess I could go by and hit Jimmy in the head with my cock while im in Grapevine and then go get me some Grilled Quail and a shot of Herradura Silver...
          You're buying the drinks, dickhead!!

Comment

It might be good and all, I just can't really spend that much $$ on mexican food. I'm pretty sure if you say food is good, then it's good. Price range just reminds me of Uncle Julio's and food wasn't that good at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
              It might be good and all, I just can't really spend that much $$ on mexican food. I'm pretty sure if you say food is good, then it's good. Price range just reminds me of Uncle Julio's and food wasn't that good at that price.
              Well it's not easy to fuck up ceviche, so you could go and eat that.
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Went to the Grand Opening Monday night. Food was great and reasonably priced. Drink menu and tequila selection very impressive. Absolutely beautiful patio. A new hangout for us.
                BEWARE OF PEREZ TRANSPORT LLC
                BEWARE OF EXOTIC TRANSPORT
                Fernando Perez
                Alijandra Perez
                Mesquite, Texas
                214-680-1415

Comment

Went back on Friday, and sat on the patio. That patio kicks ass.

Had the duck entree (they also have duck tacos), and it was pretty good. Grilled duck breast and a duck confit flauta. A friend had the tampiquena. If you've ever been to La Margarita, it's very similar to the tampiquena/steak ranchero from there. Flank steak, topped with an enchilada, poblano pepper, and several cheeses and a sauce. The tampiquena was most excellent.

Comment

por que?

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
                      por que?
                      Que? I don't follow, who are you talking to?

Rafa - the duck was $20, there is a sea bass entree for $25, and a Chilean sea bass that just said "MP", meaning market price, probably around $29-30. Everything else on the menu was around $12-15. That's really not bad, and about the norm for crap food at a restaurant these days. the difference is, this isn't crap food, and while they do have a few southwest items and a few Tex Mex items, the lion's share of it is Authentic Mexican.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        Went back on Friday, and sat on the patio. That patio kicks ass.

Had the duck entree (they also have duck tacos), and it was pretty good. Grilled duck breast and a duck confit flauta. A friend had the tampiquena. If you've ever been to La Margarita, it's very similar to the tampiquena/steak ranchero from there. Flank steak, topped with an enchilada, poblano pepper, and several cheeses and a sauce. The tampiquena was most excellent.
                        Went back last night. Had the duck entree. REALLY good. Wanted to have the Mexican smores but they had already sold out for the day. Still really impressed by the drink menu. Only complaint on the duck entree was the portion size.
                        BEWARE OF PEREZ TRANSPORT LLC
                        BEWARE OF EXOTIC TRANSPORT
                        Fernando Perez
                        Alijandra Perez
                        Mesquite, Texas
                        214-680-1415

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                          Just think of it as Mexican Cuisine, and not Tex-Mex Food

Comment

Originally posted by saleen449 View Post
                            Went back last night. Had the duck entree. REALLY good. Wanted to have the Mexican smores but they had already sold out for the day. Still really impressed by the drink menu. Only complaint on the duck entree was the portion size.

Too large of a duck breast, and it is very difficult to cook correctly. I was fine with the portion, but we had apps and such as well.

Comment

Might check it out one of these days to try Donald Duck....LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X