No announcement yet.

New hunting rifle time..input wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And are you shooting a 243w or a 243wssm???

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
      I have no issue with the .243, it is a versatile caliber, but use application specific rounds...
      Like I said I do use 95 grain bullets also. The 55's are plenty enough power to take down whitetail, never had one run over 50 yards from bullet impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
        For the Shreveport area, 7mm-08. I recommend a Savage.
        I concur

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
          And are you shooting a 243w or a 243wssm???
          .243w noticed those were 243wssm

Comment

That buck's antler bases might be 5" in circumference. There's no way they're 5" in diameter.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
              That buck's antler bases might be 5" in circumference. There's no way they're 5" in diameter.
              Circumference, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Droppedlime View Post
                Circumference, sorry.
                That's still a reaaaal nice buck dude.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Droppedlime View Post
                  Your right 55 grain is a varmint round but I have great success with it and also shoot some 95 grain every now and then when I don't have any 55's. I have never personally had a problem with a round expanding. My deer I just shot was perfect created a nice cavity and made quick work of his ribs and internals. Just my opinion though.... BTW I stick mainly with the .243 because its a sentimental gun, if I ever get to hunt with my Darin Wyoming it will definitely be a 30-06 or. 270 being shot. Around here in east TX. A .243 is plenty to get the job done.

Here are the bullets I use, and I do agree it is crazy to use such a low grain bullet. This bullet never butchers the deer and is a consistent kill shot every time. I have always found my deer, but like I said this is my opinion take it for what it's worth.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/68046-5.html
                  Just be extra critical of shot placement, if you ever catch shoulder it's not gonna be good.
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                    Just be extra critical of shot placement, if you ever catch shoulder it's not gonna be good.
                    He sounds like he is a seasoned hunter. I'm sure that he is very carefull with shot placement.

Personally though, I would like to have a little heavier projectile for hunting. Just my .02 cents.
                    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                      He sounds like he is a seasoned hunter. I'm sure that he is very carefull with shot placement.

Personally though, I would like to have a little heavier projectile for hunting. Just my .02 cents.
                      All it takes is for the animal to step right before the trigger breaks, seen a seasoned hunter do it last year with a .25-06
                      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

.458 go big or go home

thats all...
                        Originally posted by Sean88gt
                        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Another chillie 20 degree morning. Thank god for heaters.
                          3 bucks stepped into my pin yesterday evening. A 4 a 6 and a legal 8. Didn't take the 8 cause be was really pushing the 13" rule. He should be a nice shooter fir next year. Comes every day like clock work.
                          Photobucket

Comment

ok bolt action .243 Weatherby, Savage, or Remington?

Comment

Price range?. I really like tikka's. For the price. I also like the savage classic and tc icon.

Never been a off the shelf remington guy.

Comment

Yep, what price range?
                                I agree with Sleeper, never really cared for the Remingtons unless using for a foundation.

Comment

Working...
                                X