Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official DFWMustangs Mountain Bike thread, sponsored by Brawndo, Osiris and Dos Equis

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, when I don't feel like shifting

Comment

Originally posted by FullSizeMike View Post
      Anyone here run a single speed setup?
      I do on all of my bikes generally.

Oh, and Teeeebone, The best thing about SS is there are no rear derailleurs to get snatched off or jammed into your $500 back wheel.

Comment

I've been thinking of picking up a bike to ride on trails a lot lately. I have a comfort bike for riding on concrete that iI'm happy with. What are the pros cons of a ss for around the metroplex? Y'all figure it would be good for the majority of trails? I don't know much these bikes and haven't ridden one. Just looks like less to mess with. I'll probably try to find a used bike. Let me know some thoughts from you guys that are more experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by FullSizeMike View Post
          I've been thinking of picking up a bike to ride on trails a lot lately. I have a comfort bike for riding on concrete that iI'm happy with. What are the pros cons of a ss for around the metroplex? Y'all figure it would be good for the majority of trails? I don't know much these bikes and haven't ridden one. Just looks like less to mess with. I'll probably try to find a used bike. Let me know some thoughts from you guys that are more experienced.
          Come out and ride some bikes this Sunday. Im gonna be there RAGGING their bikes.

The Dallas Off-Road Bicycle Association seeks to be at the forefront of promoting the sport of mountain biking, land access, and advocacy for the North Texas area.

Comment

SS depends on your riding style. You might find yourself hating it because it can require significant effort during specific stages in the ride (hills, straights, hills). Or you might find yourself loving it because you're not a pussy and can explode on the pedals, reaching warp speed, hovering over any hills/obstacles.

Unless you can maintain momentum I would not recommend it for offroad trails. I guess you could gear it super low and enjoy birdwatching though...

Comment

One of these days I will build up a single speed. I can't find enough time lately to ride on the trails anyways, too much time on the road. Ohh well, crit season is winding down so should be able to ride more mountain.

Comment

Taking my brother out to ride Horseshoe around lunch time. Stopping by Bikes Inc in Keller at 10 first. Ill be on a '11 gray Camber elite 29er and my brother will be on a '11 gray/black Rockhopper 29er. You see us, say hai!

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                  Taking my brother out to ride Horseshoe around lunch time. Stopping by Bikes Inc in Keller at 10 first. Ill be on a '11 gray Camber elite 29er and my brother will be on a '11 gray/black Rockhopper 29er. You see us, say hai!
                  I was there but didnt see this. Too busy shredding on their s-works hardtail. It had boner quality handling.

Comment

Wat was it? Carve, jumper?

Comment

They had several. I rode a carve. I hadn't ridden on a trail in a long time but it was fun. I had never ridden a 29er before at all. It was nice. I need to get one here pretty soon. Been looking at a few shops in the area and watching craigslist ect.. If someone comes across a good deal on a hardtail let me know.

Comment

Wat was it? Carve, jumper?
                        Idk. Carbon everything. Maybe the epic?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Omw to horseshoe again. If anyone else is out there.

Comment

That is sick!! Love the spokes gradual color change.

Comment

That is sick!! Love the spokes gradual color change.
                              No gradual change, just black and red. All of the Roval wheels are like that.

That S Works hardtail is a beast.

Comment

I will ride it

Comment

Working...
                                X