Steaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steaks

I have been selling steaks and have seen some interesting things come to light. I've come to find out that a large portion of the people I have interacted with know nothing about them. A lot of people don't even know there are different grades and can't pick out a filet from a sirloin.

Add to that, and you have people that only buy meat from x grocery store because it's all fresh. Or they go to Y grocery store because they have that steak for $3 per lb less but not realizing it's select not choice.

So that being said, I'd like to know your guys opinion on the cuts of steak and grades. Do you care which store it comes from?

Are you running a fucking meat truck?!

Comment

I prefer buying the primals and cutting the steaks up myself.

Comment

Or buy half a side of beef and get it done yourself.

Like stated meat truck?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
          Are you running a fucking meat truck?!
          No

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
          I prefer buying the primals and cutting the steaks up myself.
          I wish I could have gotten another chance to experiment with Hines meat but only got to buy it once.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            No

I wish I could have gotten another chance to experiment with Hines meat but only got to buy it once.
            Are you waiting tables at Western Sizzlin?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
              Are you waiting tables at Western Sizzl'n?
              Golden Corral

Comment

We rarely eat beef anymore but if I'm in the mood for steak we'll get filet's from Costco. They've always been very good. If I want a steak I can't duplicate at home, we go to Del Frisco's which is only about once a year.

Comment

Costco or central market for myself.

if some Party i'll hit up albertsons buy 2 get 1 free.

Comment

Costco or Central market filets here. Big bastards.

Comment

"Oh, just knock its horns off, wipe its nasty ass, and chunk right here on this plate."
                      You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

You gotta pay to advertise here. Asshole.

Sidenote: I am now building fences, and feces.

God bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I'm picky about my steaks, I prefer Rib-eye first, then Filet, then brisket... I'm not a fan of Sirloin at all. I won't buy select, choice or prime only... Central Market is great but not too close, so I prefer Market Street or a butcher shop.
                          Originally posted by stevo
                          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

This reminds me, I need Yale to go to Tarleton's meat market and bring me some porterhouses.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

So many people are uneducated, an a lot just don't care. Luckily, the local movement is opening people's eyes.

I don't buy any meat from Wal Mart/Sam's. I prefer to go to a butcher (David's). Lower grades are ok, but only if I'm making something with it other than steak. Steaks have to be prime or a really good choice cut.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X