Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Rodeo Goat gtg?
    Not a bad idea but the place is retarded busy all the time and there is absolutely no parking. There are garages all around but most of them don't validate for the Goat. I usually go there for burgers and a beer and head to another bar for parking validation.

The Flying Saucer would be better for a group. They'll reserve tables for anything and even if they don't as long as there isn't a band there are seats open on the stage.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      Not a bad idea but the place is retarded busy all the time and there is absolutely no parking. There are garages all around but most of them don't validate for the Goat. I usually go there for burgers and a beer and head to another bar for parking validation.

The Flying Saucer would be better for a group. They'll reserve tables for anything and even if they don't as long as there isn't a band there are seats open on the stage.
      This. That place gets ridiculously packed and parking is horrible. I dont go there at all during crowded times. Service always sucks when its that packed. Their burgers are pretty good too.

I like bottlecap alley quite a bit as well, its a build your own burger kind of place. There is one in keller and I guess they just opened one downtown somewhere.

Comment

Ask Fritz if we can hang out at the brewery on a random night when there isn't an event or tasting being held. I would be down for that.

Comment

That's a shame. I'm always down for the Saucer.

<- original Saucer GTG veteran and Co-Founder, with my Vice President SLP007.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
            I guess they just opened one downtown somewhere.
            West 7th district. It's on Foch, one block south of 7th.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
              I like Twisted Root and Kenny's, both are good options. I've been told Village Burger Bar at Shops at Legacy is good but I've not tried it myself.
              Village Burger Bar is pretty good, but I mainly go for the cheap beer. I think it's $2.50 or $3.00 for their rotating craft beers.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                Ask Fritz if we can hang out at the brewery on a random night when there isn't an event or tasting being held. I would be down for that.
                That's not going to happen any time soon, they've started booking events right after tours to try and keep up with demand.

http://www.collectivebrew.com/ would be a cool place though and it's a couple of blocks away. Or if you wanted food the guys at Zio Carlos would probably love to host a group. There is plenty of street parking in the afternoon.

Comment

Since we're in the area, Magnolia Motor Lounge's Custom is a pretty good burger too. Chicken fried bacon makes it.

Comment

Twisted Root in Fairview is good, Scotty P's in Allen is good also.
                    1995 Cobra #404
                    1994 Cobra #1968 **traded**
                    1991 LX Hatch 5.0-Sold

Comment

Everyone I talk to thinks Twisted Root is great. I'm not a fan and I think it's over priced. Kenny's FTW.
                      sigpic

Comment

Square Burger in downtown McKinney is good, plus they have a shit load of beers to choose from.

There is also Fuddruckers up here too.
                        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Twisted was a good burger, but $14 with a side and drink... ouch. $2.25 for a coke, and they give you a 10oz cup.

I'll have to check Kenny's out next time.
                          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Took the wife to square burger, not impressed. Great beer selection but we both thought the burgers were not well prepared.
                            1995 Cobra #404
                            1994 Cobra #1968 **traded**
                            1991 LX Hatch 5.0-Sold

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
                              Everyone I talk to thinks Twisted Root is great. I'm not a fan and I think it's over priced. Kenny's FTW.
                              I agree
                              07 f250-family truckster
                              08 Denali -baby hauler
                              52 f1-rust bucket
                              05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                              livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                                I like bottlecap alley quite a bit as well, its a build your own burger kind of place. There is one in keller and I guess they just opened one downtown somewhere.
                                One in Grapevine, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X