No announcement yet.

Cooking the perfect steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I let mine sit at room temp for about 30 mins before cooking, give them a light coat of olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning and throw on the grill. Cook to medium rare and enjoy.
    I do Lamb the same way except I cook it rare.
    The best seasoning I have found is Salt Grass's own seasoning.

Comment

i like to soak mine in worcestershire, a little liquid smoke, and lime juice. I will then poke a few holes in the meat, and rub in a mixture of mrs dash garlic and herb (green lid), mrs dash original (yellow lid) salt and pepper. Allow it to soak a few more hours in the liquid, and grill it using mesquite charcoal at 275 degrees until medium pink in the medium.. add a small amount of heins 57 and yum!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
        i like to soak mine in worcestershire, a little liquid smoke, and lime juice. I will then poke a few holes in the meat, and rub in a mixture of mrs dash garlic and herb (green lid), mrs dash original (yellow lid) salt and pepper. Allow it to soak a few more hours in the liquid, and grill it using mesquite charcoal at 275 degrees until medium pink in the medium.. add a small amount of heins 57 and yum!!!
        I literally almost threw up in my mouth a little just reading that.

Comment

Alright, listen closely as I'll give you many years of experience of fucking up meat. I still fuck it up but I know why, it comes with #2.

1. It's like sex. Have to start out extremely hot and fast, then slow it down and make love over a nice medium heat. Allows the flavors of the fire to get in there IMO. I use a coal/wood mixture usually.

Then finish it up hot a fast to get a little crust on the outside if not there already.

Then rest for 5 or 10 minutes before cutting it up.

2. More important then ANYTHING else. Don't get too shit faced when cooking. Usually I'm smoking foods before I get to grilling and by the time I get to grilling I'm so jacked up I lose track of time, I may burn myself on occassion and so forth.

Anyway, my point is - you WILL NOT make a bad meal if somewhat coherant when grilling.

Marinades? Meh, who gives a shit. A little butter at the end, garlic if that is your preference. All the popular marinades generally are salt/pepper based anyway. Worshtershire (sp?) sauce is a popular soak that does taste great in the marbling.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Ended up cooking them well done and adding some A1 bold and spicy. Shit was pretty good!

JK, used jluv's method and it was great!
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
              it's been posted before, but this is the easiest and best way to cook a steak at home that in know of.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html

These 2 people are spot on. Liberal kosher salt...let it sit for 20-30 minutes depending on thickness, then rinse and and dry. Cast iron pan in the oven until it is 500*. Little olive oil brush on each side of the steak and down into the cast iron while on gas stove on high. Sere for 1 minute on each side not moving until ready to flip. Stick it in the oven with a thermometer and finish it at 500* until it hits 135* internal temp. Butter the tops with a bit of butter and tent it to let it rest for 5-10 minutes. MAKE SURE YOU LET IT REST

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                Alright, listen closely as I'll give you many years of experience of fucking up meat. I still fuck it up but I know why, it comes with #2.

1. It's like sex. Have to start out extremely hot and fast, then slow it down and make love over a nice medium heat. Allows the flavors of the fire to get in there IMO. I use a coal/wood mixture usually.

Then finish it up hot a fast to get a little crust on the outside if not there already.

Then rest for 5 or 10 minutes before cutting it up.

2. More important then ANYTHING else. Don't get too shit faced when cooking. Usually I'm smoking foods before I get to grilling and by the time I get to grilling I'm so jacked up I lose track of time, I may burn myself on occassion and so forth.

Anyway, my point is - you WILL NOT make a bad meal if somewhat coherant when grilling.

Marinades? Meh, who gives a shit. A little butter at the end, garlic if that is your preference. All the popular marinades generally are salt/pepper based anyway. Worshtershire (sp?) sauce is a popular soak that does taste great in the marbling.
                LOL, I know what you mean about #2. I love to drink beer while tending my smoker but if it's a butt or a brisket that's a lot of beers.
                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                  LOL, I know what you mean about #2. I love to drink beer while tending my smoker but if it's a butt or a brisket that's a lot of beers.
                  Yup, most people who up at my place maybe 2 or 5 in the afternoon and start. Little do they know I've been drinking since 2300...midnight...0200.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                    I wasn't going to be the one to say anything....
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post

When I'm on the smoker that's a half gallon of vodka. Unless, of course, like this last weekend, you go to unload the back of the truck, open the tailgate, and the bottle of vodka rolls out and explodes on the driveway.

So I drank a half gallon of whiskey instead.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        I wasn't going to be the one to say anything....
                        Thats not like you. Are you under the weather today?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                          Go ahead and let me know how that works out for you. Let me guess, you don't eat beef jerky either?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                            Go ahead and let me know how that works out for you. Let me guess, you don't eat beef jerky either?
                            The point is, you're making steak, not beef jerky.... Liquid smoke has no place on anything, unless you don't have a smoker. And even then, only brisket. Lime juice on a steak? Are you Mexican? What the fuck is wrong with you? Two different Mrs. Dash in addition to salt and pepper? This isn't a fucking salad, hombre.

Marinades and a smorgasboard of seasonings cover up a shitty cook, and a shitty steak. Have fun with that!

Comment

yea, i'm not going to be mean but some of you guys are using cuts of steak and making things other than steak and calling it a steak.

sure, it might be good, but it's not steak.

ie: fajitas, carne asada, etc... that shit is really good but it's not steak.
                              www.hppmotorsports.com
                              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                                The point is, you're making steak, not beef jerky.... Liquid smoke has no place on anything, unless you don't have a smoker. And even then, only brisket. Lime juice on a steak? Are you Mexican? What the fuck is wrong with you? Two different Mrs. Dash in addition to salt and pepper? This isn't a fucking salad, hombre.

Marinades and a smorgasboard of seasonings cover up a shitty cook, and a shitty steak. Have fun with that!
                                No not Mexican. No I don't have a smoker, although I would like to get one, just dont have a place to put one. The mrs dash gets sraped off before it eat it, just use it for flavors. Kinda funny that everyone that has eaten a steak I cooked, has like it, and called me later to cook it again.. To each his own, I like to have flavor not just chewing on a piece of meat.

Comment

Working...
                                X