• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a BSA red dot on my 10/22
    Big Rooster Racing
    1985 Mustang GT

Comment

• Dammit why couldn't I have purchased something that DOESN'T have an aftermarket? I just spent the last 2 hours over on rimfirecentral.com drooling over all of the badass 10/22 varmint rigs

Comment

• Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
        Dammit why couldn't I have purchased something that DOESN'T have an aftermarket? I just spent the last 2 hours over on rimfirecentral.com drooling over all of the badass 10/22 varmint rigs
        Buy a savage Mark II. They're as accurate as a 10/22 + 600$, and they cost 250$ Zero aftermarket, so pick the one you like as-is.

For the record, shooting iron sights is a valuable skill. Everyone who shoots should practice with iron sights. It will make you a better all around marksman. ... And I had a BSA scope. It was fine for the money until the reticle shifted, then I threw it away after BSA made the warranty seem like a big PITA. Just buy a Nikon Buckmasters in whatever magnification you want. It'll be a good scope, you won't ever be stuck with just using it on your .22, and you have some versatility with fantastic glass.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
          Buy a savage Mark II. They're as accurate as a 10/22 + 600$, and they cost 250$ Zero aftermarket, so pick the one you like as-is.

For the record, shooting iron sights is a valuable skill. Everyone who shoots should practice with iron sights. It will make you a better all around marksman. ... And I had a BSA scope. It was fine for the money until the reticle shifted, then I threw it away after BSA made the warranty seem like a big PITA. Just buy a Nikon Buckmasters in whatever magnification you want. It'll be a good scope, you won't ever be stuck with just using it on your .22, and you have some versatility with fantastic glass.
          MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................... ........BVSS. Buttery nuts smooth.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• I want one. I just can't justify it, being as I'm pretty well stocked.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
              Any of you guys familiar with BSA scopes?
              A 22 is something I would use a BSA product on for sure. My 22 has some cheap ass scope on it that I got when I bought it from some guy and it works just fine.

I mean, I don't think I'm the only one who notices no one can hear the 22 at the range. So, really I just generally put it on the center of the target and pull the trigger 20-30 times quickly for fun.....after I've shot seriously for awhile.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• I believe I have a BSA or the Walmart equivalent of one and its done fine on both the 10/22 and the GSG 5.
                Jon

Comment

• While this isn't very practical it could be fun....

Originally posted by Jester
                  Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                  He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                  Originally posted by Denny
                  What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                  FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Haha! I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking, Damn I need a 10/22 also.

So I had plans on building a semi .22 by getting an .22 upper kit to compliment one of the AR15 lowers I bought on the group deal.

If the 10/22 will suit my semi-auto needs (seems like it will) - I'm now thinking I should put that lower to use on a larger caliber. I think I will just go x2 on the 6.5 or 300 fireball. (since I'm building two)
                    WRX

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                      Haha! I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking, Damn I need a 10/22 also.

So I had plans on building a semi .22 by getting an .22 upper kit to compliment one of the AR15 lowers I bought on the group deal.

If the 10/22 will suit my semi-auto needs (seems like it will) - I'm now thinking I should put that lower to use on a larger caliber. I think I will just go x2 on the 6.5 or 300 fireball. (since I'm building two)
                      That is why I bought 10 lowers. Build however you want and have left overs.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Well of course, savage has GREAT barrels from the factory and its a bolt action on top of that. Its tough to compare bolt to semi auto. But IMO this is probably better for varminting.

Comment

• Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                          Well of course, savage has GREAT barrels from the factory and its a bolt action on top of that. Its tough to compare bolt to semi auto. But IMO this is probably better for varminting.
                          The 10/22 is a lot of fun. You just have to spend 3x as much to make it shoot as good as the savage. The plus side is that you can have your 10/22 in whatever flavor you want to make it.

Comment

The plus side is that you can have your 10/22 in whatever flavor you want to make it.
                            That was one of the deciding factors in my buying one... (aside from peer pressure)
                            My rifle shoots very straight and is a blast to shoot.
                            My only complaint is that the iron sights on it kinda suck (i'll be replacing) and I had a problem with the bolt catch sticking (looking into this).
                            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                              That was one of the deciding factors in my buying one... (aside from peer pressure)
                              My rifle shoots very straight and is a blast to shoot.
                              My only complaint is that the iron sights on it kinda suck (i'll be replacing) and I had a problem with the bolt catch sticking (looking into this).
                              That's normal, you have to depress the release while pulling the charging handle back and releasing it. You can modify the bolt catch to release on pull.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                                That's normal, you have to depress the release while pulling the charging handle back and releasing it. You can modify the bolt catch to release on pull.
                                That's what I read and I was still having some problems with it sticking, even when I had the charging handle all the way back. Still had a blast with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X